Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

This was my solo trip with my grandson Tyler. We got to Oswego Friday 9/4 put the boat in and rented a slip at Wrights. No Small task with an 8 yr old. Went out Friday PM with no luck. Started out Saturday late at 7:00 AM and went out to 150-200 ft. My boat is an 18 ft Lund an I was only going to run 2 rods. Tyler had bought a new 42 second spoon and that went on the wire dipsy out 270 over 150. Before I got the Rigger down the dipsy fires.

I put the rod in one of my holders that I turned in and pointed to the back and the fight was on. I tightened the drag but it still ran out over 550 ft before it stopped. It seemed like an hour but it was a good 15-20 minutes with the kid cranking on the reel and saying "MY HAND HURTS!". When I asked I he wanted help I got the big "NO!!". What happened next is unbelievable and I have never seen before. I Have all the lines cleared because we know this fish is a monster. Tyler keeps reeling and finally the dipsy is in sight. I grab the net. The dipsy clears the water, we lift the rod and put the net in the water. Then a 30LB Salmon JUMPS 6 -7 FT IN THE AIR!!!! I'm Staring this fish in the face when the spoon pulls loose..

That is something we will remember for a long time.

Later that day we hear somebody on the radio talking about their "blue" program. So Tyler digs out a blue e-chip flasher & fly.

it was in the water less than a minuet and we hat a hit & landed a 10 lb king.

Sunday AM.

Same area no action. Changing lures with no success. About 8:30 I tried my go to combo, green pro- troll echip & green hammer fly. It's in the water only in the a couple of minutes and it fires. we had a 16 lb king on that we did land.

It was a great weekend! Thanks to everyone for their help.

A special thank to Team Brillyant & Johnny for the entertainment Saturday evening.

That is something Tyler wont forget!!

I Hope the pictures load.

11762382.jpg

86467511.jpg