Anything doing on Cayuga?

I've been watching the board and reading up on the tourney you guys have going on later this summer. I haven't commited as I've got my house up for sale and have bought another in S.E. PA. That's where our only son lives and his mother and I would like to be closer to him. Anyhow, I got the boat out from under wraps this weekend, had her running and checked out all the gear. Tomorrow I'm going fishing somewhere. I'd like to hit Cayuga as it's alot closer, but seems like fellows are doing pretty decent between Fairhaven and Mexico on Ontario. Is there anything doing on Cayuga, or should I just pack another pound of twenties for gas and head to Ontario? Thanks!

Sorry for the late post. Fished Cayuga Saturday and went to the gun show in Syracuse today `cause of the lake conditions on Cayuga (then got hug up on a plumbing project tonight).

South end is full of debris from the inlet to the Yacht club. It's spread out pretty much across the lake. Until we get some steady winds from one direction the crap will just hang there. Also the lake level is up, not quite flood stage but close. Saturday the mud was well out past the dropoff and thick. We run our stuff through it but never had a hook-up. Several releases ended up being sticks :x .

We moved up the lake past Crowbar and set back up and trolled up to the park and around in circles a bit. Ended the day with 4 short salmon, 1 laker (& lost 1), a nice brown @ 25" and 2 eels (now headless). The brown was down pretty deep, 200' out with wire and slider diver. Lakers were caught at 90' & 110'. Salmon on top.

With the advise given, I figured Cayuga was a no go. Bent a propshaft a few years back with spring debris, $500 on a 25HP motor! I headed towards Fair Haven at 4:30 AM yesterday and only got about 15 miles and had a flat tire on the trailer. New Goodyear radials last year, but something punctured one. I always have a spare, so it was no problem getting back on the road, but I didn't want to do a 5 hour round trip without another spare. So back home I went to lick my wounds and get the tire fixed. Oh well, better than last Monday, by evening we had 15"s of snow, and lost our electric power for 44 hours!

seneca 's been pretty hot

I've only been on Seneca once, towards the north end, fishing for Perch around Glass Factory Bay I believe. So iffen I was coming from the Vestal area, where's a good launch close to the fishing? Actually if the perch fishing was hot also, I'd give that a try. I always have to bring the ball and chain with me, and she would enjoy the heck out of some perch fishing.