tourney items...

am i the only one or has anyone bought anything else just for the tourney. i am guilty of buying 2 plows, a big hooker (don't let lexie know about the hooker!) and a 14" muskietrain big m. i also added 2 more deep wileys and 2 jones baits after hearing about larry and last week. anyone else getting stuff? before the last tourney i got bought some perchbaits and got 3 hits off them on tourney day, even though i only boated the one.

Zach,Don't forget to get a couple Jones Bait #320's in Black w/Silver Glitter Belly! www.jonesbaits.com

Howard in no relation to me,but there are times when his bait out fishes everything you put in the water.If you noticed latley the smaller crankbaits have been doing better then the bigger stuff,5 1/2" Wiley's,5" Tuff Shad ,5" #320 Jones Bait have been catching more fish then Perchbaits,Plows,Hookers or Depthraiders.Darker colors have been working better then Firetiger as well.I'm headed back down to Chautauqua at 4:00 a.m. tomarrow tru Sunday,I'll give a report when I return.

Capt. Larry D. Jones

www.mostlymuskies.com

Repeatability Is 90% Of The Hunt!

i know that smaller has been catching them lately (larry i read every post of yours on both websites) and have been getting fish this summer on the 5"-6" baits. was that big one from the p.a. boys on red's website caught on a smaller bait also? thing was a hog. i have a good supply of smaller baits but just for the tourney i will only run big plugs! gonna live and probally die by the big baits. even if the day before the tourney i am getting them on the smaller stuff i usually run. still need a jones bait. hard headed i am.

I heard Adam's 48" Fattie came on a Wiley FatBoy,but that did not come from Adam telling me,I heard it from someone else.Adam runs Tuff Shad,Wiley's & Perchbaits.I would say your chance for the biggest muskie in the Tourney will be on a Perchbait,but if they are hitting smaller more active baits you could miss catching the winning fish by running alll big baits.I would run your hotest Tuff Shad and a Perchbait in Firetiger out 90 ft at 4.5 mph!

Capt. Larry D. Jones

www.mostlymuskies.com

Repeatability Is 90% Of The Hunt!

Hey zach.... 4.5mph .....is`nt that a little to slow for you?Don`t fall asleep now :lol: I too am guilty...Have bought(not that i need anymore :lol: - getting rid of a bunch as it is-no takers)a couple divers as well.I got a box full of small stuff to choose from.When are you gonna be there?

attempting to get there thursday night (new boss sucks) but we'll have to see. may stay for sun am also. going to try to catch up w/ you this time. too many variables right now to be 100% sure. mark my word- perchbait will be my smallest bait! going for the glory! may get skunked but oh well. i never get to fish chaut as much as i want so i'm going for a fatty! bob- i can try to slow down to 4.5mph. gets boring going that slow though. :*

just placed an order for 2 jones baits and the lady was the nicest woman i have ever dealt with. larry- was the color you ordered custom? she said yes and is doing it for me also. each one is tuned also before they send it out.