Hot Lure: flasher/fly, flasher/meat

Trolling Speed: 2.5 to 3.8 mph

Down Speed: don't know

Boat Depth: 80 - 200

Lure Depth: 60-130

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Fished with a father and son I hunt with. The day started off pretty rough, lost a bearing on the trailer in Williamstown at 5am. Pumped it full of grease and made it to Altmar. At this point I had to wait until the hardware stored opened at 8am to get some chain and tie the dead hub/axle to the frame so it didn't drag without the tire on it. Got it tied up and limped into town on 3 tires and launched at the Lighthouse at about 10:30. Got out there just in time to see the fleet disappear for lunch. Took the first fish quick, 85/115 on a 10" glow/chrome green spindoc/glow hammer. While Tyler was fighting the first fish we took another shot on a dipsy 200 out on a 2 with a super frog echip/crazy b glow fly. Didn't stick. Then nothing for a long time. We worked out to 200 fow and didn't see much on the fishfinder at all. When we started working back in, I switched out a rigger rod for the thumper. We were going way too slow. Bumped the speed up and got the thumper bumping good. Within minutes we took a hit on the 11" green echip with familiar bite down 130/180. Brought that one to the box. About 20 minutes after that we took a hit on the 11" white echip w/ fam. bite down 100/130. That one was on for a few minutes and got under the dipsy and gone. Pulled rods at around 6 to run Doug up to the launch to get his truck so he could pick us up at the marina where I was going to leave the boat so I could pull the trailer home empty and fix it. Not a bad day for a rough start.