Will this work?

I need some advise from those who know. I'm bringing my 10 yr old to fish Cayuga next weekend. It will be our first trip to the finger lakes...ever! My lake Ontario boat is sitting here in Pa, and I'm not so hot on hauling it up there 225 miles for two days of fishing, seeing it weighs 7500 lbs.

So, I'm toying with putting the riggers on my small boat and bringing that instead. It's a 16 ft Starcraft with a 60hp merc four stroke. I have zero hours on it this season, so I'd like to find a place in my life to actually use this boat besides 2 weeks in the winter. But is it enough boat to effectively fish Cayuga...or will I regret leaving the big boat home?

Here is what I have to work with....thanks for the suggestions!

73527221.jpg

yes rod it will work ,bring a tube if it nice the kids would love to play if you dont have one ive got a nice 5or 6 ftr wiffys heading outa town sat early you can stay at my house but its 45 min from cayuga ,,also if i dont go to the big lake i think you need to see seneca too and i can show you where there is a creek with a warm water outlet from dresden dumps in the lake it should be about 90 deg temp now

My 16' has a 40 hp Merc 4 stroke and I do need to run a bag from time to time, especially running w/ the wind) to get her down to laker speed, just a thought seeing as how you mentioned you have a 60 hp on the boat.

I have a 16 ft sylvan w/ 40hp johnson It has spent alot of time on the fingerlakes this year, especially seneca and cayuga. Very comfortable two man rig. Three will work if your small. Fishing has been consistent for a month now. Don't miss the early bite if you like those off fish!

Thanks guys....that really helps. I made up my mind to use it next week and as I'm pulling the cover off it Justin tells me he wants to take the bigger boat :@ I'll see how he feels today and I'll take the boat he wants...I just want him to have fun.