Depth Raider/ release info

I recently hooked up a depth raider. I fastened a blacks release just below the probe. Twice I've had the fishing line wrapped around the cable which is NOT good. How should this be set up....I was thinking of putting a Rhomers above the probe?!

Would appreciate any advice on how to set this up?

thanks!!

This is the way I terminate to a Klincher:

klincher.jpg

Just drill out the rivet and replace with a 10-32 stainless machine screw and Nylok nut. A small ring terminal crimped on the end of the coated cable (coating removed under the crimp, of course) completes the circuit. This is not my picture BTW. I use a much smaller loop, and also terminate the Klincher to a Black's release instead of the snap shown above. Also, I typically now use Scotty releases, and the "shaft" of the Black's release provides a very convenient place for the clip on the Scotty release.

The way Sponge described the Walker is spot on. Works great if you want to put the time into drilling out the Walker. Walker also makes a Black's style release & klincher all rolled into one. That works great too. The way I have it now is even easier though. I just put a Blacks onto a thimble and then crimp the thimble onto the coated cable, making sure I get good metal to metal contact on the coated cable. Looks like the same way YT has his. You'll want to strip off about 5 or 6 " of coating and then crimp the thimble onto the un-coated section. Attach the probe to the Black's and you're ready to go. Even with the exposed metal I get readings down below 120'.