Got out on the water friday about 11:30, it was nice to get out there after this winter.. We ended up 14 for 18 on friday with mostly all fish coming of spoons in 6 to 10 foot of water. Toward the end of the day we saw a couple guys casting off of shore and they were doing better then us trolling, so I cut the engine and we got 2 or 3 casting spoons for the last half hour or so. The water temps were 39 to 47 degrees. On Saturday we went 7 for 11 but the bite was mostly off of stickbaits in a tad deeper water, 8 to 12 foot. Saturday the warmest water we could find was 44 degrees. Nothing really big, the biggest was about 6lbs, for the entire weekend we kept 6 fish, just enough to have a few dinners. A great start to the season.

On a side note I did get a chance to talk to muskybob over the radio and at the dock, nice guy and very nice to talk to over the radio. Hope to see him out ther again. I also talked to two guys from canada at the dock that did pretty well. They managed to get to get two small rainbows and a couple browns. I will be up this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, weather permiting.