Fished the skinny water from 40' to 90' on Sat. with Richard Bullen, Landshark, and Alysia (Mike's g/f). Not a single hit from 5:30AM to 3PM. Marked numerous fish right on the bottom, but they were not in the mood for anything we threw at them. Sunday's weather didn't look promising so we made plans to load the boat up early & head home to watch the football game. Richard showed up first thing in the morning & there were 3 footers already building. We decided to hit the harbor for a turn or 2 before heading home. We ended up combat trolling for 4 hrs. & caught 2 kings off green/green spinnys & flies before heading home. What started out as a disappointing weekend turned out to be nice. After cleaning the fish, I gave the skein from the hen I caught to a fella who stopped by with his wife and 2 boys. Hope he catches some nice steelies with them.

It was great to be on the water since July, but it was even better sharing it with friends. We met some awful nice folks at the docks at Wright's. Many were members of this site and we got to share some good stories and had some good laughs over a few cold ones. Wish you were there Ray. ;) Wright's is an excellent marina made even better by the folks who slip there. I'd highly recommend it for anyone wishing to slip their boat for the season.

Hank was also there and gave us some good tips which helped us boat the 2 kings we did get. He's not only an excellent marine mechanic, but a half way decent fisherman as well as amateur photographer who helps out whenever he can. :P

Thanks for taking the pics at the cleaning station Hank!!!

My 18 pounder

PqDFxOJ.jpg

Richard's 29 pounder

73651838.th.jpg

Richard, Me, & the Wright's cleaning station mascot. He walks in and out of the station picking up scraps whenever he can. :D

81885675.th.jpg

Bob,

Nice fish :D Glad to see you're back and doing well. I WAS going up to Oswego on Tuesday, but changed my mind after speaking with Mike last night on-line. I'm not as good a fisherman as you guys, and I think I'd be wasting my time...so out to Owasco instead.

Hope to see you up there sometime. :D

Jim

Great Job and I am glad you were able to boat a couple. All you needed to do is just get rid of me :lol: On a serious note it was very nice to be on the water again with you Bob. You had alot of people scared and it's great to see you are doing well buddy.

Excellent to read "Musky fishing reports" again.Congrats on the Kings! Sorry, I'm bummed I couldn't get to the Bluegrass gig, I am so sick of tractor work I can't speak! Still trying to get up to get at the staged fish!