Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure: dipsy /mt dew sd /hammer fly 6 hits 4 landed / 2 bent hooks

Trolling Speed: 2.6

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 40-50

Lure Depth: out 100 on braid #3 setting

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================I have had a number of hooks bend out of a fishes ,mouth on store bought flies especially the atomik flies ,switched to port ontario store made rigs definitely a stronger harness no more bent hooks

Sounds to me like you should lighten up a little on your drags. Just a suggestion but I never have any problems with bent hooks. I only fish two rods though and stop when I hook up. This does two things, makes for no tangles even on tight turns and greatly increases the landed per hooked ratio. To each his own. Good luck fishing.

This time of year the bent hook syndrome does occure the most,but with hundreds of salmon ive landed over the years i have only only lost a few to bent hooks.. Sounds more like user error (tight drag and heavy line) ,im not trying to be negative just trying to help you get more fish to the boat ..I use atomic,siggs,big-weenie,and nk flys with maybe 1 in a hundred bent hooks so lighten up (drag) and line size and enjoy the fight ..

This has been my BIGGEST issue this year! I tie my own harnesses so I cant blame anyone but myself. I was using a Owner Stinger #2 Treble. These were just too lite. While I was at Captains Cove I saw that same hook in a 3X strong. I have since ordered a dozen packs and plan to give them a shot next spring. I will also be trying double octopus hooks next year.

Tight drags don't help this either. Mine tend to be tighter than others. I hate when a fish takes more than a couple hundred feet of line!

Same here... Went to 4/0 Octopus hooks ( 2 - tied in tadem) and no more problems... not only is bent hooks not a problem but also you dont need to worry about brake offs from the treble (I dont have the time to put epoxy in all the bends). Also I believe the 4/0 octpus as a stinger gets a better hook up due to the fact the your force is centralized on one hook point instead of 2 or 3.

Same here... Went to 4/0 Octopus hooks ( 2 - tied in tadem) and no more problems... not only is bent hooks not a problem but also you dont need to worry about brake offs from the treble (I dont have the time to put epoxy in all the bends). Also I believe the 4/0 octpus as a stinger gets a better hook up due to the fact the your force is centralized on one hook point instead of 2 or 3.

This is like Isaac Newton stuff, very cool observation, I tie my own tandem 4/0 octopus for glow squids you got me thinking to try 'em on the flies now. :beer:

works great... another thing i am going to do for me and Landshark next season it tie them with 80lb ande... I cant stomach anymore 50lb floro at $22 for 25 meters..... The 80 should hold up fine is $12 for a 1/4lb spool. also the stiffness of the 80lb shouldnt be a problem (might have to add an inch or so for leads but will start at the standards for spin Dr.s and chips).

Figure the savings on the leader, buying your flies in captains packs, and tying your own leaders and I should be able knock at least a couple bucks off my price per fly.