Summerville pier(that time again!)

I will start it off - went out last night from about 11:30-2:00. There were around 10 people fishing for salmon. I witnessed 3 solid king hookups with 0 landed, and 1 laker ~10 lbs landed. Not really sure what the laker was thinking as the water was piss warm.

The action is obviously not fast and furious yet, but keep this thread going with your reports. Its heating up!

I was there with you last night and am the one who landed and released the Laker. I guessed it to be around 15lbs but who cares anyways, it was the wrong species. Were you the guy that took the Pic? If so, could you post it or send it to me? Nobody I tell seems to believe that I caught a Laker. If your out tonight I will be in the same area for a bit, but will have the Girlfriend along so I won't be able to stay as late. Here's my e-mail [email protected]

Hey, Thanks! i Actually checked the chart of length x girth and the online chart says 20.99lbs on 36in long x 21.5 girth...but we will never no for sure! All I know is it is the biggest brown I ever caught. Caught on a 2/5 Glow/green mupped ladderback cleo

Last night was interesting, rollers were cresting over the end of the pier with sustained winds 15-20. Water everywhere! Managed to take the abuse for 3 hours or so with no luck. There were several others down there with the same experience.

Went out on Friday night from about 8pm to 11pm. Fished egg sacs on the lake side. One hookup and nothing the rest of the night. Was a bit windy.

Went out Sunday morning from 5:30 am to about 8 am. Lots of people fishing but only saw 2 caught. We fished egg sacs on the lake side and casted a 3/4 oz. Cleo for a short while on the river. Had a brief hookup on the Cleo in the river that ended w/ a broken line.

Went out last night and were there most of the night and we had a score of fish 8 fisherman 0. The hooh ups were solid but got beat in the end every time. We were using sac's on bottom and tried some glows, but the hits came from the sac's. We netted one nice king for a guy fishing a glow spoon and saw another guy bring a big pike off from out on the very end. May try tonight but will depend on the weather.

Been out with Blue Ghost a few times. I'm the one that netted the Laker and took a pic. I'll email it. One night our group hooked into 3 Kings. Next night was all blanks. Last time I hooked into a good size CARP in the tail. A real "screamer" lol. And my buddies line got tangled around the bottle and the rod went in. (A huge thanks to the guy with the super flashlight that helped us locate it and kept it lit while we fished it off the bottom). As for the bottle question, yes. Bottles are best. I like to use clear bottles and put a different colored glow stick in each bottle. That way there is no confusion as to what rod. I'm off for the next 4 days and plan to head back up there.

Been out with Blue Ghost a few times. I'm the one that netted the Laker and took a pic. I'll email it. One night our group hooked into 3 Kings. Next night was all blanks. Last time I hooked into a good size CARP in the tail. A real "screamer" lol. And my buddies line got tangled around the bottle and the rod went in. (A huge thanks to the guy with the super flashlight that helped us locate it and kept it lit while we fished it off the bottom). As for the bottle question, yes. Bottles are best. I like to use clear bottles and put a different colored glow stick in each bottle. That way there is no confusion as to what rod. I'm off for the next 4 days and plan to head back up there.

I'm the flashlight dude

I'm going out tonight again...but i'm going to try late...around 1 am. It seems that everyone I talk to has been hooking up with some regularity between 2 and 5am. Ive had no luck and have fished the last week from 8 pm until midnight. But then again I cast about five times and then put my rod down to drink a beer and smoke, so in about 3 hours I've only put in about 20 casts and drank six beers. Good Luck.

PS I was out last night(Mon 21st) and there was an F'ing Banana peel at the end of the pier. Does the banana thing only apply to boats? Anyway Please don't bring bananas out. I will bring extra beer for those of you who are hungry :D

went up to the pier to meet carpedium and do some night fishing. when I get there he says to me there may be some other guys coming too - cool I'll meet some new people. Well slimy hooks came down and some other LOU guys too. Even though it was kinda slow, we managed to hook up a couple of times and carpedium landed one on his third cast about 8:45PM. He musta been all pooped out from that and he left around 1 or 2 AM. Well me and slimy ain't afraid of fishing all night so we were in for the long haul. well all I needed was for carpe to leave and then I hook up and land a nice king about 24 lbs. Pisture to follow later. All in all it was a tad slow but there were a bunch of great guys out there and everyone cleaned up after themselves.

Was a pleasure meeting and fishing with you the other night Kremer01...That was a nice king you put on the pier, and I was hoping your other one was going to find dry land as well...

I guess luck was not on my side as I hooked none and had 2 bumps that warranted a hook set...

Hope the Oak was kind to you...