Summerville pier(that time again!)

went up to the pier to meet carpedium and do some night fishing. when I get there he says to me there may be some other guys coming too - cool I'll meet some new people. Well slimy hooks came down and some other LOU guys too. Even though it was kinda slow, we managed to hook up a couple of times and carpedium landed one on his third cast about 8:45PM. He musta been all pooped out from that and he left around 1 or 2 AM. Well me and slimy ain't afraid of fishing all night so we were in for the long haul. well all I needed was for carpe to leave and then I hook up and land a nice king about 24 lbs. Pisture to follow later. All in all it was a tad slow but there were a bunch of great guys out there and everyone cleaned up after themselves.

Hey now Rodney! That's awesome that you got some action after I left! I had been out almost every night before that for a couple weeks and it finally caught up to me. Sorry to leave you guys! When I got home I had a 102 fever and felt like death. Feeling better now though, ready to hit it again.

It was good seeing ya again Slimy Hooks

Went out Thursday @ 6pm to 9pm. My buddy caught about a 6-7lb. walleye casting a cleo in the river. We fished egg sacs in the lake w/ no luck.

Went out Saturday @ about 5:30am to 9 am. I fished egg sacs in the lake and casted a cleo on both the river and the lake. Nothing for me. Saw a hook-up just south of me @ about 7:15 and saw a 20+ lb. salmon landed just north of me @ 8am. On my way off of the pier a guy said he just lost a salmon @ the pier.

Went out last night from about 7pm to 9:30pm. Was a beautiful night after the rain stopped.

Fished an egg sac in the lake and casted a 3/4oz glow cleo on both the river and the lake. Nothing for me.

The fish started jumping just after sunset and a guy just south of me caught something, I didn't see what it was. Then it got pretty quiet and no other action was to be seen (although there were not that many people out there).

Had a good night with 3 landed and a few others on that were camera shy, but gave good fights. cleos and sac's were 50/50. Looks like the action is picking up, but so will the crowds. Saw quite a few others have fish on with a few of them landed, and saw a stealhead being carried off early. I'm going to be smart and take the night off due to the weather but will be back at it asap. see ya out there

Hey Matt and Rodney, Just wanted to say it was nice fishing with you guys on Friday. Thanks for the invite. I am making my way down to the oak on Saturday. Not sure if you guys have plans but let me know. Markc If you plan on going down to summerville sometime this week let me know. I would love to get out there again soon. I have no luck when it comes to fishing for salmon off piers but hopefully it will get better for me within the next few weeks

went out an Saturday from 5:30am to about 8 am. I had zero hits on egg sacs and cleos and saw nothing caught. Guy just south of me caught a steelhead just before I got onto the pier.

Went Sunday evening from about 7:30pm to 9pm, I was the only one there, inculding fish. No hits on eggs sacs, cleo or OK woobbler.

went out an Saturday from 5:30am to about 8 am. I had zero hits on egg sacs and cleos and saw nothing caught. Guy just south of me caught a steelhead just before I got onto the pier.

Went Sunday evening from about 7:30pm to 9pm, I was the only one there, inculding fish. No hits on eggs sacs, cleo or OK woobbler.

sorry about the post before.the fishing has been slow at the pier lately. Was down there most of the day yesterday and nothing no one I saw had no luck.this one I caught a couple of weeks got one early sunday morning on a x-rap nothing since then. I don't know going on lately hopefully it picks up soon. trying again this afternoon .

Ts296slr.jpg

I spent a few hours Saturday and Sunday trolling the river from mouth to 104. Only place we hooked up was around Turning Point and up stream to the next bend. Saturday caught a 17lber and Sunday hooked 2 but lost both. The second one was a giant who wasn't going anywhere! Still seems pretty slow compared to recent years. I havent seen the acrobatics as much...

Here's a pic:

Ts2d7fEA.jpg

Gave it another try on Sunday Morning 6am to about 8am. Wind was blowing pretty good making it a bit uncomfortable. When I got there there was no one fishing, by the time I left, there were probably about 10 or so people fishing.

Fished w/ egg sacs and cleos. No hits and saw nothing caught.

still doing pretty good on glows and an occasional one on sacs, but is slowing down. the crowds are gone and last night we were the only ones there. had four on and landed one but it was foul hooked. lots of fish jumping in the river still. will probrably give it a shot wednesday if the weather isn't too bad.