Came up on 9\13 fished all day and not a single bite. While trying to go around the red floating marker(closest to the bridge) at the furthest point you can go in the Oswego river, I got my downrigger snagged on something. Lost 2 pancake weights and the probe as well as 2 lures. Broke the base off the scotty downrigger and almost lost the entire unit but luckily the the wire cable came loose and we were able to recover all the cable. Regrouped and got a call that my buddies wife was in the hospital. It was a nigtmare 24 hours. Will offer a reward for anyone that might find any of our equiptment. The only good thing was that no one got hurt. Bad bad things could have happened because the wind was strong and there were other boats on the water.....

Be careful out there.

Dave

Thanks on the report on what "not to do" the wind should be cutting back sunday and you can get out of the river area.that red floaty thing is anchord somehow and the bridge was just redone so maybe some junk accedently fell in. Hope all is well with your buddies wife !!! Even tho we ant a bunch Bible Bashing Southern Baptist,I and others are sending prayers EVERYTIME we see a post in need of prayer .. Ray K. (P.S. ill even toss in a request for you to Hook Up on a salmon)

Thanks so much for the prayers and smile 'What not to do'...lol....couple hundred bucks loss and a bit of time to repair but we will be back in the game soon. See I have never caught the great Chinook. Biggest thing I ever caught was a 4lb bass. Looking foward to hooking up......great forum

The boat we chartered with today usually runs out of Oswego, but came up to Mexico bay a couple days ago because the salmon moved. I guess he had gone a couple of days solid with no bites off Oswego, thus they moved to where the fish are. We had a couple of bites this morning off the Salmon river in about 45-55 ft of water. No fish boated though. We had to cut the trip short also due to increasing winds. We had a few 3-4 footers coming in. Hope to get out in the AM with better luck.