Species Breakdown: Browns, Rainbows, King

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

As the season winds down, just wanted to say "thanks" to all of you guys for sharing your information/experience with those of us who are still trying to learn all there is to know about fishing Ontario. With your help, I tried inline planers for browns with some success, caught steelhead on dipsys (none in 2008), and boated the first king a couple of weeks ago. You might not realize how helpful your advice/tips are to those of us who might not know, for example, how far behind the ball to run a flasher/fly - or what a difference the right speed can make. It was pretty discouraging at times, but with each new post, you provided new information or encouragement to make us "newbies" go out and try it again. I'm still not much of an Ontario fisherman (yet), but you guys made me a better one than I was last year! Thanks again.

Pat (16' Crestliner Canadian)

====================

gx1z0Njr.jpg

and THANK YOU for having the courtesy of saying thanks to the site. Many of the guys on the site give freely whenever they can help with information. It's nice to let them know their efforts are helping others. All they ask in return is that you try to help someone else to return the favor.

Just think, you've got all winter to plan your strategies for next season. You've also got all winter to pay off your credit card, then max it out again on stuff you "might" need. :lol:

Well as you can see im a postinghaulic . After 10 years in youth sports programs little longer as a youth group leader in my church and a few less years learning the roaps of fishing and over 40 years learning the roaps of hunting,It has always been my goal to help make a differece (in a good way) to someone elses life .. and shortin the learning curve a little shorter for others ,Thats why I feel so comfy with this site ,It seems to be full of other folks who share the same " Make a difference Attitude" . So I join you in thanking everyone for all the help ,all the new friends ive met here, ... Sometimes the words "THANK YOU " is enuf for all the good others do.. But to show it to others with your actions means the "torch" is being passed and not forgotton .... Thanks L.O.U. (ps how ironic this makes 3000 thats cool thanks)

You're welcome Pat! (in case any thing I put on here was useful) The learning curve has been very steep in deed for me. What with learning about fishing buffy style and using blowup dolls for extra rod holders from Ray to learning how not to troll copper with dipseys from Cap'n Carl, I have never been so productive in catching Gobies and zebra mussels in my entire fishing life. Now I have my freezer full of the makins for Adirondack Clam Chowder and I have Musky to thank for that :P...I can't wait to get back out there and learn how to charge up my glow j plugs....Cripes I tried it once before I learned how off this site and I melted down my J-plug arsenal :o ...(note to self, never use 300,000 candle power spotlight to charge my bling). J-plugs are plastic, not good. needless to say I have a lot to learn here about how to find fish, since my kid with the snorkel and goggles who used to ride on my bow jumped ship (hope the prop missed him) and now I sure miss his sqeaky voice saying FISH! FISH! and so on. Sometimes I think I can hear him in the distance (following me around) on a boat named Pegasus. I know hw must be there otherwise that boat wouldn't have so many fish on board all the time. Man I sure can't wait to get back out there. Oh wait I am going....this week, all week...Man I sure hope there are some gobies runnin the Oak right now...mmmm. well gotta go charge my bling for night fishin so people can see me while I drift fish without runnin lights....I'll report later...Yipeee a week off. Yall have fun openin yer junk mail I just delivered in Rochester....I see a lot of it goin to the Elmira area... look fer yer favorite mags and catalougues Ray..(Victoria secret, Blowup toys are us ETC.) :clap:

Skippy19 AKA Mark

Ray, 3,000 posts. Congrats and thanks for taking the time to do so. But more so, many thank you's for the youth whose lives' you have impacted in being involved with the youth programs. May God continue to bless you and the other readers of this great site. - Pat, as the others have mentioned, just pass it on someday whenever you get the chance. One of the best tips one can give, ( other than think safety first) is to fish with confidence and pay attention to small details. Each day can be somewhat of a learning experience. Skipper-best of luck this week. Looking forward to your report. I put the boat away for the winter :( and am going into withdrawl already. --Duane

Ray,

Thanks for all of the tips you have given to us newbies who are trying to learn. We love reading your post. My wife and I get discouraged going out there and getting skunked many times but it is still exciting to be out there on the water. Maybe next year my wife and I can hook up with you and you can show us a few things. I'll have her bring some of her famous butterscotch oatmeal cookies. Everyone says they are the best cookie they ever ate and they eat them like a bunch of wolves.

Take care.

Jimmyi

Ray,

Thanks for all of the tips you have given to us newbies who are trying to learn. We love reading your post. My wife and I get discouraged going out there and getting skunked many times but it is still exciting to be out there on the water. Maybe next year my wife and I can hook up with you and you can show us a few things. I'll have her bring some of her famous butterscotch oatmeal cookies. Everyone says they are the best cookie they ever ate and they eat them like a bunch of wolves.

Take care.

Jimmyi

Go with Musky and Ray, all ya need to bring is thick skin and a 30 pack of Labatts :beer:

I'm proud to say i havent had a drink sence april 15 th would of been april 1 st if it wernt for nick and his good homemade beer didnt want to hurt his feelings so we drank it all up at the "port bay house"..after retiring from youth sports 4 yrs ago and youth group 3 yrs ago i sorta let my hair down (both of them) with all my free time ..Now im down 24 lbs maybe 20 more to go might even pull out the bike and start training ......Look out Lance here i come!!

This is a great sight, very helpful and I too appreciate all of the information shared so freely by everyone. :clap:

So let see … boat, motor, kicker motor, marine radio, Lowrance, fish finder, high speed down riggers, below water speed and temp, trolling rods, wire dypsies rods, dypsies, copper rods, flashers, spoons, spin-doctors, fly’s, J-plugs, meat rigs, auto pilot, tangles :devil: , mechanical snafu’s on the water :( , mechanical snafu’s tailoring the boat :@ , and “chumming†over the side every once in awhile ;( , …. All to go after a fish with a brain the size of pea … I’m a sick man – I love it :D !!

It will be a long winter !!!

Ray LOVES banana-nut bread too if she's any good at makin that. ;):lol:

She makes great banana bread, banana muffins and zuchini bread. I don't think I should bring anything with bananas on a boat after a bad experience being on the "Free Spirit" boat this past spring.

Ray LOVES banana-nut bread too if she's any good at makin that. ;):lol:

She makes great banana bread, banana muffins and zuchini bread. I don't think I should bring anything with bananas on a boat after a bad experience being on the "Free Spirit" boat this past spring.

Dang, thought I had ya goin. :lol::D