Cayuga 9/20

chowder

Put a lot of Lakers in the boat yesterday, West side was best w/ less weeds. Most productive depth was roughly 70-110' down over 340FOW, flasher/fly combos out yielded spoons for us. The fish seemed to shut down for a while between noon and 3:00. Somehow I thought the weigh in was @ 5:00 so we did not get to see any of the big fish we heard about on the radio! We did not get anything much over 10lbs & no off fish.We did get some some good practice negotiating sailboats and jet skiers. Nice day on the water, might have been the Islander's last trip out for the year, it's time for me to get serious about hunting!

Forgot to mention that my son Elliot got bored and experimented w/ j-plugs on the lakers & finally got one on a mongoose behind 300' copper over 180' off T-Falls point, winning a $10 bet w/ the old man!

Boy, do I feel like an idiot! I didn't see the weigh in tent that's in Ron's pictures or anything. We pulled the boat out a little after 4:30 and we must have drove out past the whole thing. I did ask a couple of guys with trolling rigs who were just putting in if they knew what the leader board looked like but nobody seemed to know. Congrats to the winners!

Chris, I was trying to get you to move out to where we were along the Scout Camp on that first pass early on,we were really on em, couldn't seem to get you on 68, I did see you shining the mirror though! 8) I figured you were happy in there, sorry!

We fished the derby, it was the first derby for me in almost 2 yrs (after having all my equipment stolen) but with some help from some great people here I am back fishing. we got a late start sat but setup on the fish right in the middle of the lake north of mile point. caught abunch of 5 to 7 lbs and lost a few ended up with one that weighed 11.5 on our digtal on the boat but when we finally went in and weighed it at end of day it was only 10.13 or 14 anyways we took second and had a great weekend. the sad thing is that the most productive fly we had we lost and it was one that Jim or (JD) on here made for me Thank You Jim.

Yeah, my buddy had to put you on hold there when you were coming in good b/c Elliot & I were both into fish and a boat was coming right at us in that thick fog, after that I could see you but couldn't get you on the radio. After we dealt w/ the double we turned out to avoid a bunch of boats coming down from the North and we just kept going across over to the plant, which was a bad move -very little on the screen over there & the high lines kept picking up little skippers as soon as we got em out. Spent the rest of the day pretty much around where we started. The bite picked right up late and I was surprised that all the trollers were gone, duh, later I realized the weigh in was at 4:00 not 5:00, oh well... I'm gonna try to get back over to Cayuga one more time but if I don't see you, catch up w/ me here & we will hit Skinny in the 16' when things get going over there.