Thanks to Captain Larry-Musky Tourney

We had a good time at the Sept. Musky Tourney. Captain Larry put on a great show. I have never met a more knowledgeable guy, and very forthright with information-a very hard to come by type in the musky world! He came thourgh with the triple X too! :beer: Very nice. If anyone wants to catch Musky, I highly recommend Captain Larry Jones. I am sure you could not do better! We will hire him just because of the selfless work he does for the musky and the fisherman alike! :yes: So thats my promo. I am sure more will agree!

We only boated a 39" during the tourney. Lost another early in the morning. We also got Wendy her first a 33" on sunday! :yes: I will let her post if she wants. I know most LOU teams boated fish in very tough conditions-cold front and blue bird skys. Lets see some pic's guys! :yes:

gx1O_FEr.jpg

First I should say that it was a pleasure to finally put some faces to the names on LOU. I got a chance to meet a bunch of LOU members at the tournament and they are all first class fisherman! :clap::clap::clap:

Kudos to Captain Larry Jones and Captain Mike Sperry for putting on a great seminar and overall very successful tournament. As Lee mentioned, both Larry and Mike are very forthright with any questions you might have and this is a very rare thing to find not only in the musky world but any species of fish!

As for the tournament itself, it was a tough day of fishing. From what I heard, only 25 fish were caught all day – the cold front and blue bird skies really turned off the bite for many. We ended up getting two fish that day and another one the next morning. The fish measured 36â€, 36†and 32†respectfully. This was also my father’s first ever musky – so he was thrilled.

P1000421.jpg

Me with the smallest of the bunch

P1000424.jpg

My father with his first ever Musky!

P1000428.jpg

Joe with his musky. Caught this guy on the same line Lee was fishing. Finally found some bait and it wasn't 5 minutes after I told Joe "This is starting to look good" that the rod went off :yes:8)

attachment.php?attachmentid=7040&d=1253534532

Here is a picture of the winning fish caught by a gentleman named Lance from PA. The fish was caught in the northern basin of the lake in 12 feet of water and measured a cool 47.5" - Sweet! :yes::yes::yes:

Hopefully I will have a chance to make it back up there again before the years end. Thanks again to Larry for putting on a great even and the Happy Hooker Bait Shop for hosting it and helping fill my tackle box :clap:

Thanks for everything Larry,great tourney as always and thanks to Brian and lisa down at the Happy Hooker.I will throw my support into a womens division(and maybe a womens tourney in the future??who knows)-you may be onto something zach.As far as the tourney we managed to loose two fish ,one on a 6"black perch gotcha by lapper lures and the other on i believe was a tuffy.We boated just 1 fish which was kevins 2nd(1st was a small one from waneta 2yrs ago)a nice 35"south end on an 8"brown pikie believer.

Bob S

gx1VXNVi.jpg

nice job guys- that fish in the picture looks like it has a nasty scar on it. was it open or healed?

Yes it was a nasty scar Zach, not sure how to tell if its healing or not. It was not a thru hole though, like the one in Nitro's fish at the last tourney!

Cant say I would support any special favors for the women. Wendy does very well on our boat, sometimes better than me! :lol: It is a nice jesture but....

Joe with his musky. Caught this guy on the same line Lee was fishing. Finally found some bait and it wasn't 5 minutes after I told Joe "This is starting to look good" that the rod went off

Thats funny. When we made our first pass thru there I marked our first musky all weekend. I said to Wendy look at this hook! thats what we been looking for. Not 5sec's later the clicker went nuts!! :clap: Cant say it was the fish we marked but still pretty cool!

First I should say that it was a pleasure to finally put some faces to the names on LOU. I got a chance to meet a bunch of LOU members at the tournament and they are all first class fisherman!

Yes i agree good to meet Zach n Lexi and Chad n Katie congrats on the engagement Chad!! :yes: Better buy up those lures while you can. :lol:

Congrats to Dad and Joe as well.

I should not have omitted Capt Mike Sperry from my original post. He was very profesionial and did a great job under the circumstances. I imagine we are a more intense bunch than the average crowd one might speak too. So thanks to Capt Mike and Happy Hooker are in order!

Its just that we spent about an hour talking with Captian Larry after the dinner and no matter how many questions we asked he just kept comming back with the most detailed answers! I am still a bit taken by how much he really knows!

Thanks for all the kind words guy's! I signed up for the Professional status here today,you guy's were so fun to be around at the Tourney I decided I need to get over here and post more often as well. I hope to see some of you on the water again this fall!

Do me a favor,how about putting some of the fish pictures over on the Tourney Results thread on my messageboard as well.

Thanks,Capt. Larry D. Jones

www.mostlymuskies.com