I bay

srappy2543

Did the bay yesterday for a couple hours before sunset looking for a perch bite. Worked the little bays and ended up over by the bouys fishing 8-15'. Tried fatheads, various white grubs and jigs. Can't say it was much like what steinea286 did. He hit it when it was hot, I hit it when it was dead.

No remarkable fish, no big creel number. It was pretty dull out there! Same was true with the other boats I spoke to. One guy did manage to boat a nice northern he caught on a fathead with a little perch rod. Watching him do that was the highlight of the evening!

Nice night on the water, but the fishing was not what a lot of you probably were hoping to read. There are days like that on I Bay though. Keep at them and hopefully someone is going to post a bonanza here soon!

Good Luck to Ya'll

Grady

• 2 weeks later...

HIt I bay 10/2 started at 8am fished til 1. Flatheads only around the bouys, lots of action for about 2 hours total. Then it died and the wind and rain set in. Total kept about 30 ranging between 8-13in. that was with 4 guys fishing. Hoping to get some bigger ones next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Legacy and I went out sunday morning for about 5 hrs. We caught well over 100 and brought home 21 perch 8"-12". Most of them were on the bigger side and 16 of them were females. We also caught white bass, pike, bluegill, gobies and a lgmouth.

Fished the Bay this morning from 8am to 1pm. Fishing really sucks, even the dinks weren't very active. Next time I go out in this cold weather I'll be setting in a nice warm tree stand. Hey all you old timers don't forget your Life Line in case you fall out of your tree and can't get up. :):lol: I'll have mine. Good luck and safe hunting.