Oneida Night bite 9/21

Broadhorizons

Went down to Sylvan Beach last night at about 9:30. Tried the canal at Snug Harbor. Nothing there. A lot of crappies being caught in the canal. Went over and waded out in front of the boardwalk. Half hour later I was headed back to the truck with my limit of walleye, 3 between 18" and 22". Black and silver stick. Beautiful night, warm and calm.

gx1U8djS.jpg

I fished from 9 til 3am on Friday night. Fish were in front of the beach but were negative. You could see them around you and would refuse or spook from the lure. Lost one nice one and threw back a short one. Tried the South Shore launch also but there were so many weeds blown in you were fouled as soon as you started the retrieve. I need to drive down Lewis Pt in the daylight to find the access there. I couldn't find it in the dark and didn't want to drive around looking for it at 2am and get the cops called.

4 walleyes last night after dark. Black and silver#11s 50 feet behind the boards in 10 feet of water. I I have been using glow sticks wiretied on the tattle flag...and if you run two boards off the same side you can easily see if a board drags back. Maybe covering ground is the key right now . Surface temp last night was 60.8*

Brian you can pick up 3ft worth of reflective tape roll at walmart cheap. Rather than buy glowsticks , tape a couple strips on each flag and then maybe on strip or 2 on your rod tips. Then keep your clickers on your reels looser. Use a flshlight or lantern and the reflective tape with shine the boards up nice. Just a lil tip

I was out there a couple weeks ago and it was sooo dark that I couldn't see my hand in front of my face with the anchor light on let alone see the boards... and gave up. I like the reflector suggestions, but I was thinking some glow-in-dark strips attached to the flags or the boards themselves. any thoughts or experience with that, good or bad?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

that would be great for a few minutes but what do u do when the glow wears off? reel the board in everytime you need to charge the strips? just use reflective tape it works great, get yourself a decent led flashlight or a lantern to shine out to check on them everyonce in awhile. that refelctive tape works great, oh make sure you put it on the inside of the board :lol: . let me know if thatworks for ya

LANDSHARK,...any news on the picton trolling bite? I'm thinking of going up to Merland park this weekend or next.

im sure there are fish to be had but its not time yet

Thanks, I guess I'll wait. Maybe a good weekend to go to Jersey ...The sea bass and tautog are running hard.

LANDSHARK,...any news on the picton trolling bite? I'm thinking of going up to Merland park this weekend or next.

im sure there are fish to be had but its not time yet

Thanks, I guess I'll wait. Maybe a good weekend to go to Jersey ...The sea bass and tautog are running hard.

I'll let you know how I did up there lol :lol: