New tuff shads are out!!!!

brown pike is the best color in my boat (didn't see it on the color page). white has been good lately, and lex's favorite is orange tiger. we have done multiple fish on each. just when i thought i had enough lures these came out. btw i thought a plastic tuff shad was named the KRUSHER (damn near exact copy of the tuffy). after seeing what happened with joe buchers products after he changed manufactures and outsourced i think i personally will hold off for a while and see what happens with these. bucher had alot of boken lips and quality went staight down the toilet. lets see if that happens here also. i will fish my wooden plugs as long as they are working and still intact before i take a chance on an outsourced china made lure that used to be proudly made in west virginia. lets see- my line and leader come from china- my snaps and splits come from china- my rod was made in china- fishfinder from china- trailer tires from.. u guessed it china. can't i have atleast one american made product on while i fish? will we be fishing muskies in china next also? not a fan. i like the old ones and probally will not purchase any of these. i am tired of wasting my money on chinese made pieces of sh*t. make the wood ones again and i will buy them. 6 of the last 7 muskies i have caught have been on the old style (STILL MADE OF WOOD) tuffs, so i am a fan (they are my #1 fish catcher this year) not just a basher. at the happy hooker they had a good looking wood shad style bait by newman called the triple x. maybe i will buy some of these instead. buyer beware- i wouldn't want his first batch. maybe i am the only one. watch how expensive the old wooden tuffs get on ebay now, if anyone is even getting rid of them. am i the only one disappointed to hear that they are plastic? is dale wiley gonna make a plastic crankbait now, so all of my favorites will now be made of plastic- wait those are call stalkers. 95% of my lures are wood. i am very partial to my wooden lures and very biased so maybe that is what is coming out in this post. thanks for listening to me vent! :no:

zack I have to say that I agree with you about shying away from these plastic lures, but for a slightly different reason: I was pretty interested when I saw the post title but seeing the word plastic I decided to take a pass..at least for now. for me the bigger issue is that you can buy this plastic bait and that plastic bait from different makers and invariably they all come from a handful of the same blanks...the only difference is the paint job... I don't need to have the same blank in a million colors variations from a bunch of mfgrs... ok so maybe one puts in a larger BB or uses two...just not that big a deal to me.

yes the same could be said of the the variation (or lack thereof) in wooden lures BUT with the wooden ones, even if the blanks are the same, the maker has a lot more flexibility to customize the shape and thus the action of the lure or drill it out and add weight etc.

just my .02...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Received my order in the mail today and my initial impression was positive. Was very impressed with the paint job (white perch and tonka walleye). Considering a trip down to Chautauqua next weekend to give them a test run. If I make it down there I will post how things went and additional thoughts on how the new Tuff Shades ran.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I have 24 of the New Tuff Shad that I'm taking to the 2010 Great Outdoors Expo outside of Chicago the 27th & 28th of March. I will let them go now for $15 each,shipping is free.After I return from Chicago if I have any left they will be $12 each and free shipping.

Capt. Larry D. Jones

Here are the colors I have in 5" Tuff Shad: Brown Chub,Pearl,Perch,Tonka Walleye,Gold Perch and Lemom Lime,4 of each!

If you purchase two you can send the money via the PayPal Link on the Tourney sign up thread and then I'll mail them to the address you use there or you can mail a check to Capt. Larry D. Jones,268 Harrison Ave,Buffalo,NY 14223.Joe I see your from Buffalo,NY I can deliver yours if you want to buy any.

Capt. Larry

• 3 weeks later...