anyone been pike fishing Conesus?

We fished it yesterday from about 3pm to dark. Reelexcape landed A nice tiger musky 25or 30"s,a real pretty fish. It was kind of slow fishing though. One fisherman I talked to caught 6 pike. An other one got two pike. The DEC. was at the launch, they just finished putting 9500 tiger musky about 9.5" long in the lake.Mike will post pic. when he gets time.{ he still works you know}.

I fish Conesus often, its been a slow summer for me but recently the pike have been hitting a lot more often. Probably need a little cooler water yet for the big girls to come real shallow but we are catching more and more of average size as the season progresses. We were not having much luck with the pike on Wednesday so my brother and I switched to bass rigs and I promptly had 3 plastic worms bitten off by pike, go figure. Anyway maybe sluggos or something like that might be hot this time of year if they are liking plastic worms. Well good luck my friend and if you need someone to go with PM me, I have a pretty open schedule this fall and I'm always looking for people to fish with.

Waylander

Vince from Vince's Spinner Shop and I fished Conesus today.We trolled StudDog Inline Spinners and cast the weedlines in McPherson Cove,lots of baitfish,no hits.Seagulls were down on the water all day,ENE wind too! Then going back into the launch a tiger muskie rolled on top between the red & green bouey's,I think he was laughing at us.Back to Chautauqua on Sunday.

Capt. Larry D. Jones

www.mostlymuskies.com

Repeatability Is 90% Of The Hunt!

what is a good tiger from conesus? size? got skunked at waneta last night with 2 rips trolling and saw one caught and conesus is alot closer to me but i never seem to fish it. alot of driving last night for 2 rips and thinking i may try here sooner than later. its only a 30 minute drive for me to conesus compared to 1 1/5hr to waneta. do you throw smaller musky stuff or normal musky lures for the tigers. do tigers like brighter colors than muskies? i thought that somewhere i read this?

Great Idea Nitro. The weather looks perfect for this weekend. :lol:

haha...no fishing for me this weekend. 10th anniversary and as much as I like fishing, i'd like to stay married for another 10 at least :lol: up in canada admiring the falls and enjoying the wineries. the closest I will come is fishing show on the hotel tv this morning and thinking of the muskies as I look at the river from my hotel window!

thanks for the info guys sounds like the stars are starting to align there ...waylander- I will drop you a PM in the coming days...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Conesus Tiger Muskies average between 25" to 30",but they are like little fat footballs.Occasionaly you can get one near 40" and they will be heavier then a 45" pure bred muskie.We marked a few tiger muskies near the bait fish schools mixed in with the walleye's,everything was near bottom in 26 to 28 ft depths.But with the cold front I never even seen a bass or walleye caught by the other five boats near us.

Capt. Larry D. Jones

www.mostlymuskies.com

Repeatability Is 90% Of The Hunt!

I was there on Wednesday and put 5 pike in the boat (26,28,30, 34, 39). Lots of follows. Had 6 other fish on that came off. Had a nice tiger follow to the boat boat would not hit. Also caught 11 largemouth. Right along the weedline in 15-18' was best.

Yeah trolling 3-3.5mph 100ft on line out 20-40 fow. Interesting that after running the 20ft contour for a bit we strolled out into depper water and found a lot action on the finder and hooked one of the pike. suprised to find one so small in the deep water. Man I had some BIG hooks on the finder. Pike or Tigers they were big. :yes:

We did do some casting up on the North end but no action. Saw 1 other boat up there not doing anything either.

Gustofson,

The only real consisantcy I have found is through the ice. My buddy has caught a couple in the upper 30's in early October fishing along the weedlines for pike. Another buddy has caught a couple suspended trolling walleyes in the north end.

Caught 2 decent pike on sunday also in 10-12 fow. Large safety pin style spinnerbait.

Wendy had something big boil on her bait, could have been a tiger but we will never know!

Though lake to fish, we are starting to find some better flats to fish. the 30ft drops are killer.

Ts2e9Aii.jpg

I was out there sunday as well. spend some time fishing and some time helping a buddy out with his new repower. If ya saw the blue smoke signals...that was him and his double oil :lol:

It was a bit tougher fishing than I expected. Picked up 1 similar sized pike to yours just before calling it a day- small swimbait. hair shy of 30. quick cell pick and she was pack swimming

Ts2hZFh9.jpg

Sounds like we were all down there Sunday doing the same thing. This is the only pike we caught on Sunday. I caught a small largemouth also. This pike was caught casting, but we spent a bit of time trolling also - into deeper water as well. Marked lots of fish but couldn't get anything to go.

MarkG

Ts2klmZJ.jpg

Gus- guilty as charged on both counts :) only went north for a short bit though. had i known it was you i'd have swung over but come to think of it I don't think I've ever seen your boat...only met up with you in Bob's.

Mark was that you I saw trolling in the S end in the deep V? I was working that area pulling planers for a bit.

will be out there at some point...if I dont go to chautauqua this weekend. got monday off, so I might wait till then and avoid the crowds...all depends on the weather I guess.

be advised, the creek bridge just north of the launch is closed for repair for the next two weeks as of yesterday. not sure if they now have a marked detour, but will probably add a few munutes to the drive. be sure to pay attention on the way down... :yes: