anyone been pike fishing Conesus?

i caught and released 5 nice pike there on 10/8,no muskies. the biggest was 44" and heavy. when i fish there i stay on the drop-offs and cast the edges. i can always get bit from the launch to the first point south. rip and pause was working for me that day,with all the hits on the pause. i was throwing a walleye/gold double rabid squirrl bucktail

i went back yesterday. i stung a bunch of them but only boated two pike. one of them was 40" and well fed. one of these days i will get my wife to show me how to post a pic. i am just too old school to figure it out. i also caught a huge largemouth right at the launch. biggest bass i have ever caught;put a full bend in my 8' musky rod!

Old man when you say all the hits were coming on the pause, how are you getting a bucktail to pause? Do you mean a quick "hickup" or letting it flutter down? Nice going on the Pike. Those are nice ones for sure.

Ts1R5sUr.jpg at last! i have uploaded a photo! that's my knee and about a foot of the 44"er. gotta work on the auto timer thing. to rip and pause a bucktail you pull as hard as you can til you're outta room. the bait pauses as you reel in the slack and get the rod back to a regular position. i'll get a better pic next week. this technology stuff is hard.

Old man I like your attitude. Ive used a similar line before myself. "if you want to eat fish, go to the fish market and buy em". I also release everything. Gamefish are too valueable to keep no matter what.