Minn Kota for a 26'er

nyforests

Has anyone out there tried the 36 volt trolling motor by minn kota? I am referring to the 3 prop unit that attaches directly to the lower unit. I have a 26' i/o and have trouble regulating speed at lower levels. I would love to not rely on bags and such to reduce the speed to 1.5 - 2.5. Any thoughts?

Honda sells a 10 hp O/B with remote controls, power trim and tilt and it can be steered from the I/O unit and your regular steering. It has high thrust, makes less noise than your main engine, burns less fuel, has an electronic throttle control from Cabela's and is a safe way to get you in if your main engine fails. It runs on regular gas from your main tanks. With the main engine lower unit in the down position, it steers well although it is offset on your transom. I love mine and remember this little engine gets more hours trolling than your main engine.

Your boat is to big for electric power. I have a 21 fter and used the (EM)Engine Mount Minn Kota for a couple years it worked great for slow trolling cranks or spinner for walleye but or for slowing down in massive swells early or late in the year but I would use it in conjunction with my 9.9 Mercury Pro kicker. On a rig like yours it would smoke 3 batteries in no time and would render you useless pretty much salmon fishing. I had it mounted on a 250 Pro XS Outboard though. I woud go with a kicker motor, Yammy T-8, Mercury 9.9 or 15hp Pro Kicker, these motors have a lower gear ratio extremely low pitched prop and are built for thrust not speed. Electric start and built in trim and tilt and since they are 4 stroke you could tap into your regular fuel tank with a T- Valve. All you need is the bracket and trollmaster and all set......3K later though.