Chatauqua Report

Went down for first time Sat AM. Stayed at Camp Chatauqua, Was windy So Fished Across lake in front of Swim area at state park from point about 1.5 miles down to stay somewhat out of wind . Saw on map 2 nice humps & some good structure. Mostly casting . Suicks, Swim wiz, Buctail Inlines, Over weeds. Butcher depth raider, DB 06& my radkie pike minow on edges. Raised four fish & good hit on the depth raider but that was it. Did some trolling but not much.

Left Sun early afternoon & took senic way home rt 17 to rt 19 north. About 30 min om way home fuel pump( at least I think ) went on van . Had to call triple A for tow. went to Salmanca to garage where owner gave me a loner to get home 6 hours later. Wonder what this will all cost. Nice lake but a whole lot off people. Those fish must get worked over a lot.I saw a lot of trollers & I can see why. Mid to late Oct. would probably be better.

has been- my name is zach and i work in the car industry and i can get you a great price on the fuel pump if you want. i live and work in rochester- i sell AC Delco and Carter pumps and i would hook you up @ employee price if you want- 585-414-0138. just cause you are a musky fisherman like myself. i don't make money off those deals so its just a hook up if you want

I really apreciate that Zach , but it is at a repair shop in Salmanca. The owner seemed to be a pretty square guy , so lets hope he is. I am waiting on the news good or bad as I am writing this. Thankyou again for your generosity. As I was sitting on the side of the road waiting for the tow , the lady trooper said, " Well a bad day of Fishing is better than a good day at work. She is so right.