Pike Trip to Canada (need help)

My brother and I are planning a trip to Canada for pike this coming spring. Does anyone know of a good fly in fishing outfitter in Ontario? We are looking for something with a meal plan and boats (with at least with swivel seats). We would really like a place with large pike, not to interested in anything else, although lake trout may be fun too. Price wise we would like to keep it around $2000 a person max. If any of you have been up there or know someone who has we would really appreciate any help, thank much

Waylander

We go to a place called Horse Shoe Island Camp every year. It is not a fly in but they have boats and there are lots of pike. We usually fish for walleye but there is always someone that wants to fish pike for a few hours. Our biggest was just over 40", and it is not uncommon to catch 5 or 6 20-30" fish per bay. There is a lot of water and not a lot of pressure. I believe they also have lake trout but I have never targeted them. Good Luck

http://www.lodge-at-parent-lake.com/

this really isn't quite what you are looking for, but I have been here twice, and there are tons of huge northerns and some decent walleye in Parent Lake (check the site for the picture gallery). Not a fly in unless you want to land in Val d'Or and then the lodge owner will pick you up.

It's in Quebec, about 500 miles drive from western NY, but all nice hard road to the lodge. Nice cabins and boat/motor rental. 16 ft fiberglass with 25hp mercs. No meal plans but nearby Senneterre has a good diner (Restaurant du Parc ) or english, the park restaurant. There are also a couple good grocery stores. The cabins have all you need for cooking and sleeping, just bring pillows and bedding and towels. I have done this trip in the past with my son and paid for both of us for a week including gas and travel and cabin, boat rental and all dinners and extras including licenses at a cost of less than 1400 US for both of us. Wayne and Peggy Werner are excellent hosts and know the area well. They are in Texas for the winter and at the lodge in the summer. Check it out, it's not as expensive as a fly in with a meal plan just in case you want to save some $.

Mark

my father and i used blakes wilderness outposts for 8 straight years- i am not sure if he is still runnung the camp or not. pike, wallies, lakers, smallies and whitefish. no meal plan- no swivel seats. had like a dozen lakes to decide from. you were roughing it though- no meal plans. excellent fishing and we got to see many moose, eagles and we went to sleep almost everynight listening to the timberwolves howling. made some amazing memories with my ole man up there.