what is the best night lure  

42 members have voted

1. 1. what is the best night lure

• A)little cleo orange on green with 10lbs line
    • B)little cleo green on green with 8lbs line
    • c)30lbs line tight line egg sacks.

Green on green 3/4 oz glow cleo with 12 lb line. Line size does not matter at night and you will snap off 3/4 oz cleos with 8lb or even 10lb when casting.

just fyi i use a 10 lbs and i have not snaped at casting its all in the knot also pole size helps i brought in a 27 pounder two sundays ago and was successful

Congrats Redman on your light line triumphs.......next you should head up to the dam and try your #8lb rig under the dam. When you hook up, make sure you announce to everyone you are using 8Lb line. You should get a warm reception :yes: .

WFIW, Mi biggest king all time (38 lb male) was taken off the Olcott West Pier in September of 1992 on 8 lb test trilene xt and a glow cleo at around 3:00 in the morning. It took about 15 -20 minutes to land, same as the guys fishing with the 20 lb (and that fish would have spooled me if I wouldn't have stopped the spool with about 6 wraps of line left on it).

All I ever used back in the day when I was pier fishing a lot was 8 lb and landed many, many 30+ lb fish on it, never took longer than anyone else to land em and I feel I got more hookups on both the egg sack rod and the spoon rod from the lighter line.

Tim

Tim - Labor day '84 got a 34 Lb'r flatlining a or/slvr cleo off the genny with 6 Lb, 6'6" Cherrywood and Mitchell 300. Had to chase him almost to Russell. (And I haven't caught anything on a cleo since they took the mermaid off.)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

(And I haven't caught anything on a cleo since they took the mermaid off.)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Yeah, it's a damn shame political correctness had to jack with fishing tackle.

I have caught plenty on the newer, kinder gentler cleo's though.

Tim

WARNING: The following picture may be unsuitable for fishermen.....

cleo.jpg

(Boy did I have to look for this one. Knew I had one. Now if I can get that garbage color off of it.....hmmm...)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Congrats Redman on your light line triumphs.......next you should head up to the dam and try your #8lb rig under the dam. When you hook up, make sure you announce to everyone you are using 8Lb line. You should get a warm reception :yes: .

it would be awsome to use 8 lbs up there but with all the maniacs that are standing in the middle out the water also if you dont catch (Snag) a fish in there i think theres a problem. But the dam is a great place for beginners.