Daiwa Kokanee rods

jeb1340

I am looking at buying two new rods for trolling for brown trout in the spring and will probably use the same rods for walleye fishing on Lake Erie. I don't know if anyone has ever used these rods before, if you have what do you think? Right now I have two DR862M and I am torn between buying two more of these or going with the kokanees. Thanks guys.

I have a couple of the Kokanee rods and love them. they were $50 each but worth every penny. I am getting 2 more this winter, great action on them and they are very light. great for Browns. They would also be great as steelhead rods in the river with light line.I will post the Rods model # when I get home. I will be using them tomorrow for Landlock salmon in New Hampshire.

Daiwa Heartland 8'6" Kok rods?

I used 6 of them this last year... they were great... and much fun.

They took a 12lb eye, 13lb king and a 12lb steely this spring along with a gizillion browns.. the browns were great but i have to admit the steely and eye took some time to get in.. I dont think you could get a 15+lb king in with them without putting the boat in neutral... just the drag of the fish would be too much for them.. I ended up selling them at the end of brown season because they were just too soft for derbys... If you plan on having fun, dont mind losing a few fish... Then they are for you.. I paired them with 17lc accudepths and 8lb mason T-line.

My Brown combos are pretty sweet. They are 7'6" ML Heartland trolling rods paired with Daiwa Accu Depth 27LC's. They handle all the browns you could ever catch, and we even took a high teens King on them this Spring without any troubles.

Just looking around and found a combo at Bass Pro (I know, I know), ADP17LC and 2Pc. 7'6" or 8' Diawa Accudepth rod for $75. I usually support the local guys, you think this is something that they might be able to order? I don't ever remember seeing ML trolling rods at any of the place on the west end of the lake. Also, anyone use the Accudepth rods? I know there has been some debate about the Accudepth reels but I don't think this will be much of an issue with browns and walleye. Especially because I "target" the eaters (B.S.)! Thanks Again.

Landshark- from the pictures if I ever make it to the BOQ, I'll just bring the salmon rods!

The heartland rods are a fiberglass/graphite composite. The Accudepth rods are new for 2010. I don't know much about them. The Wilderness is all graphite. For BT fishing it shouldn't matter. The fiberglass in the heartlands is crucial for wire or braid line fishing.

you dont need 70.00 rods for lighter stuff tho they should last a lifetime, ive got 10 11.00 rods been using for 3 years on strippers ,walley,browns and kings,(not when derby fishing) 7 ftrs,now that i know i like the length and weight (med) ill start replacing with 7 or 7.6 ugly's if they start breaking.. I might suggest getting a few cheap rods to experment with length and weight then you wont have 8 -60.00 rods in the rafters collecting dust or selling them for 20.00 each later.

Thanks again guys. Looks like I will have to get out the checkbook. Ray- the $75 was for the rod and line counter reel. Totally agree with you, see it all the time people buying the "best" or most expensive before they have a clue what they are doing.