new michigan record musky

a 55 gets the record in michigan??? gawd that thing looks bigger than that...it must be 1 incredible porker because I can't believe there haven't been some longer fish coming out of the UP north of WI...wow.

somehow doubt its a photoshop job unless they figured out how to 'shop reality...that fish was witnessed and cert by officials there...

i heard it hit the new 5" plastic tuff shad w/ rattle from one person and from another person, i heard it was caught on a x-rap. btw this fish was certified by alot of people, its real.

just joking nitro- yeah- looks like a larger wiley knock-off. there are so many that are so similar to the wileys. probally the most copied design out there. pic is in the article, there are 19 pics in the article. they said lure was a musky magnet. googled musky magnet and you just get the jerkbait. maybe its locally made?

That photo is doctored for sure. Photoshop

Hey bob, how ya been?! In looking at it on a real computer it does look doctored, but wonder why someone would need to? it was certified, so whats to gain or prove? makes me think thats just the appearance of the pic but that it really hasn't been altered

There are a lot of arguments about the photoshop doctoring of this photo. However the Photographer is a very reputable guy, and as Nitro said the fish was certified. I do agree that something seems wrong with the pic. Still it is a state record 50lb Musky. S0 NICE fish anyway you slice it!!

photoshop is ruining the musky world. this one was real though boys so it can be now laid to rest. a dead certified fish doesn't lie about its weight. i think that the red fins on this fish made it look weird. still looks 2x bigger than the 56 incher from chautauqua.

There have been many 50 lb class fish caught out of the St Lawrence, Georgian Bay, Fench River, etc. The book "Musky Compendian" by Larry Ramsell shows the biggest muskies ever recorded and none of them including all world record candidates looked anything like that photo. Somethings just not quite right with this photo. I dont doubt a certified record, just the photo.

Also that fish has the markings of a Lake St Claire fish, whered he get it and how long was it?

Its also possible the guys were doing the old trick of holding it far away from their body to make it look bigger I guess.

andre the giant could hold that fish behind him ten feet and it would still look big and yes it looks like they are holding it way out. i do the same thing when i take a musky pic. remind me to never put up a pic of a good fish on here.

6 additional pics were added to the site I posted, the expresion on the guys face changed every time. I'll admit the fish does look very odd but how often do you see a 50 pound musky. I got a pic of one my buddy caught that was 50 1/2 around 35-27 pounds and every time I look at it I think it's fake and I was there and measured it and took the damn picture LOL Here's the replica with him holding it, he's goes around 280 image him holding it upright? makes sense to me!

Ts1yLIdi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...