Newport Marina?

Just wondering what other Newport Marina guys were planning for 2007. The renewal is due by the end of the year. I'm inclined to take a chance and do the three year lease, but wanted to see what my brethren are thinking. I've talked to Ed a couple of times. He doesn't seem to have much information. Let me know what you guys think.

Sponge,

The Charter fleet has pulled anchor and are out of there. Almost everyone has relocated to the river -voyager or shumway. I pulled out of there (Newport)in early October because I did not like the answers (or lack of) that I was getting.

Crap! I talked with Newport and it didn't sound like they had recieved many renewels. It's frustrating. I was at Mayers for a few years - upgraded to Newport when Mayers raised their rates. I have a great slip and look forward to shore power - water - and the restaurant. Hoped to be able to take my friends and customers to dinner after fishing - found that the restaurant was always closed when I had customers with me. At least Bayside was always open after leaving Mayers. Took a year off of fishing regularly a couple of years ago and joined a country club. They wound up going out of business this year. Damn! Living on the east side of Penfield, I'd like to slip at the bay - the river being the farthest west I would want to go. I can't believe this new comany running Newport isn't giving more information to their customers. For example, I asked "If I pay for 3 years and I have to leave after 1 or 2 years, would the balance be refundable?". I was told "I don't know". Very discouraging. Do these guys really want my business?