Launch problem at Conesus

I think there is a major problem brewing at Conesus. I was there today and there was a sign just north of the launch on East Lake Rd that said the bridge just to the North of the launch will be closed starting Oct 5. So if you're coming from the North (Rochester), you have to go all the way around the lake West lake Rd and back up east lake rd to get to the state launch. Whos the genius who decided to start bridge work with a month+ left in the fishing season? Does anyone know of any other launches coming from the north?

• 2 weeks later...

Bob

So is the dock confirmed to be out now? I wanted to go there tomorrow but launching solo so I was going to hedge my bet and hit sodus instead. no place to tie off that I know of and Im not going to beach it on the concrete ramp... so Im not sure how I would launch solo with a 'glass boat.

how do other people manage this time of year when they're solo, if at all?

Dont know for sure about the docks Brad but last year at this time they were long gone, The only thing to tie up on was the small metal part that the docks attach too, I think the waters low right now so glass on concrete might be a bad idea. You might want to see if anyone else chimes in on this.

Just a thought...could you throw a rubber mat down where the bow meets the concrete. Maybe one which is waffled and lets the water flow through so it will settle on the ramp. Tie a float to it or a rope to the cleat on the boat and you can pull the mat up as you motor off. Of course you would have to wear some boots to get in the boat and stay dry. I've got the same issue but my bow is way too high to climb over and having 22 feet to the back of the boat, I'd be swimming to get up on the dive platform. I would have to tie a rope to the stern and pull the boat around...stern into the ramp and then push off with a pole to get the motor in. Then there's the issue of coming back to the ramp...can't back in...can't climb down off the bow...Maybe I'll just use a smaller boat...I know a blowup boat like a dingy...oh man that's just to "sale" boat for me.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

The water is really low. You have to back off the end of the concrete ramp to get most boats off trailers. Waders would be a big plus. There is a little sand bar 15' out at the end of the ramp. Keep the motor trimmed up. I wated a guy leave the motor down and hit bottom last week.

• 2 weeks later...