Cayuga 10/4

Hooked up with Chowder, fished from the Yacht Club north to T-Falls. Nothing spectacular, but a nice day to fish! Boated 4 LT like the one held by Chowder in the 6 to 9 lb class. Dropped two & some small LLs. Had to work at the ones we catch, they came off wire & copper deeeeeeeep! Searched high & low for Lyteline!

Ts1_hHWS.jpg

Had a good time out on that nice Lund Ken, and thank you for letting me borrow the cooler. The kids started calling that laker in the pic the "zombie fish", so it didn't break my heart when my neighbor wanted it for a "boil up". I grilled a couple others and they were awesome! Great to meet you and looking forward to some more adventures on the FLX. -Andy

We are getting to the dreaded 60 degree water every where, which makes the fishing slow!

4 for 4 yesterday, all small salmon. My laker spot is bone dry. spawning time.

I was in run and gun mode yesterday to all my spots, bait everywhere and a full moon so the fish were prolly feeding at night.

Last trip for me till winter fishing picks up. Yanking the boat out this week. ;(

RR

We were there in the afternoon. Launched out of T-Falls, set up just north of there and trolled south on west side. Picked up one laker about 8lbs right on the bottom in 70 fow. Crossed over to east side and trolled north, dropped a dink salmon off a slider. Beautiful afternoon to be on the water.

Kyle

Just thought I'de share, the other evening I saw a 3' female laker with 2 males trying to spawn in the mouth of t-falls creek in 4' of water. At first I thought she was a pike. Don't know why she was there but she was.

Salmon Creek used to get a run of spawning lakers years ago. I'm sure a few still do it.

RR

Fished yesterday (Monday 10/5) up around the Long Point area. All fish caught were in the 50' to 80' range, mostly over 85' to 125' bottom. Spoons at 50' & 60' would only produce dinks in the 15" size, 9 LL’s, 1 rainbow and 1 eyeball. The LL's must of been hitting on the side of the spoons because I got 4 of them foul hooked on the side of their heads hence the eyeball must of popped out on one fish. Lakers hit flies off the rigger 70'-80' & dip @ 200'-230' # 2 setting. Boated 9 lakers from 15" to 23". Lots of bait and it was all on the bottom at 80'-90' or suspended at the same dept close to structure. Tried plugs on the surface,then with a ½ oz drop weight and then off the ball @ 15', 20', 25', 35' & 40',.....no takers

Winds picked up about noon so I packed it up. Hope to get out a couple more times before Lil’ Buddy goes into hibernation.