Chautauqua Eyes...looking for report

ericmic1

just look for the cluster of other boats out over deeper water. :lol:

this time of year the deep hole just south of Pt Chautauqua (Dewittville) is a good spot. hopefully Brian still carries these jigs. get the orange and the chartruse heads- never know whats working. lift and drop...lift and drop...

Ts2rnuxA.jpg

Walleye fishing has been real tough this year on chautauqua. I fished in a small tournament 2 weekend ago. Do you have down riggers? Most of the eyes have been in the dewitville area first thing in the morning. It's also been good in front of the vikings club. there are two or three deep holes. Down riggers at 40' hot n tot tipped with a worm. Just circle around those holes. You can also try the south end. It was more productive than the north in july and august. From Cheineys farm to about half way up towards the bridge 18 foot of water. Downrigger balls about 6' up from the bottom keeping your hot n tots a few feet off the bottom 2.2mph has been the magic speed on the gps. Good luck!! :)

Well conditions were COLD COLD COLD.

Launched Friday evening caught a few smallies and bunch of perch in the mayville flats. Drizzle was constant so everything ended up soaked (more on this later).

Saturday: hit the holes near dewittville (skunked). Moved to Warners Bar and got a bunch of perch. Went to sandy bottom across from long point got a 36" muskie on accident. I was fishing a worm harness that was still rigged and apparently a perch hit, although I didnt feel it at all (it was a dink) when the pole bent and I fought him for about 5 minutes. Perch had front hook and muskie had perch and rear hook set. was memorable.

Sunday: started in the flats with nothing to show then moved to the dewittville holes. Got a bunch of white perch and 1 eye. 6 other boats doin the same thing.

Back to the drizzle. Well i have a short somewhere now. My engine alarm sounder wont STFU. with engine off/on or unpluged it crackles and pings loudly. I no longer get the single beep when starting the engine. I went under the dash and found more then a little moisture so instead of storing the boat at the marina I will be re-wireing this winter. Yay me!

nitro- those are the lures i used for blue fish in N.C. it was the only lure that the faster you worked it the better it worked. i never even thought of fishing waldos w/ them but i can see the idea. heavy little things they are. i have like 10 left over and they just hang on a wall now.