1st Walleye trip after Iraq this Friday!!!

kiowalleye

Finally back since the latest vacation to the big beach with no water. Got back to Drum this past Saturday. Planned to hit Oneida that Sunday with my daughter, but got to the SECURE STORAGE LOT ON A ARMY POST and found that my Kicker was stolen off my Lund. So if anybody sees a 5hp Tohatsu 4-stroke with a sticker on it from some Alaska dealership, kick the new owner square in the man jewels. But thanks to him I was able to upgrade.

Going to Oneida on Friday to test everything out and make sure boat is ready for Quinte in NOV.

Aaron

I gotta make that Quite trip one of these days, although here in Cleveland we have a hell of a night bite when it goes. Here's some eye please no for ya. I'm getting ready to kick off the night bite season as well down here on Erie. A few with me and my buddy's. Thanks for your service sucks about the kicker motor!

TsjFqeA.jpg

TsjGC3S.jpg

TsjH7uJ.jpg

Nice fish man. I have a Ranger like that one in Oregon. But mines green. I am getting out of the army in April and moving home so I am selling the Lund here in NY. going to quinte here on 19-24 NOV with two of my Uncles from Chicago.

Good Luck and post some results when you get back, I'm going on a cruise with the woman in november so only local fishing for me but it's awesome anyways down here on Erie. Q is just something I just have to check out being such a hardcore walleye nut. Erie can give up tons of 7-9's with a 10 but not the quanity of monsters that Q has from what I hear. My buddy did get a 14 last November on Erie but that's not the norm. I did get a 12 this spring.

TstCEqJ.jpg

In all hononstly the best place to fish for walleye in the fall for is the Huron/Vermilion area of Lake Erie in Ohio. 20-40 fish days are common (if the weather is solid 50-60 can happen) and the norm and this fall the average fish will be in the 5-6 pound range with plenty of 7-9's to go around with awesome shots at muliple hogs per trip if weather allows late into the year. Day or night bite and you can catch them along the shorelines to around 1-3 miles out, plenty of protected water to fish when the wind is blowing as well, expecially in Cleveland with all the breakwalls.

If anyone wants to make the trip let me know I'll put you on fish no questions asked, GPS numbers, programs, baits, colors, launches, places to stay, tackle shops, ramps, etc. Erie's fall bite in Huron is really no secret you just have to get down here to expererience it's awesome.

The only reason I would go to Q is to try and get a couple fish over 11. I can pull 10's down here but for muliple trophy's with a shot at a 14-16 is what I would make the trip for and to fish somehwere different for once.

Orange Belly,

Where on the O? From what i understood, most of the fish make runs to quinte for the winter. I would fish out at the Pidgeon/charity shoals til Sep, but thought those fish would move off. Got my life crushed on oneida today, fish everywhere but would not bite. Super bummer. But hey, I was in my boat so its all good.

They are yes however those aren't 12-15 lbers. Those are 8-12s. Now get ur act in gear and let's hit it saturday. If u don't still have my number I'll pm it to you. Nick is gone for the weeekend and are u interested in going to the q with me?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

The main reason you see fish 15-19 on the Columbia is we are allowed to fish prespawn. We get em big in fall as well, but big hens put on 2 pounds in eggs alone. I have got a few fish over ten in the same day, but not like the q or even pidgeon/charity when its hot. The local tribes get upwards of $13 a pound for walleye meat as opposed to 3-4 for salmon/steelhead so they have moved their efforts onto the eyes there. The fishery has taken a turn for the south in the last 5 years.