buffalo harbor

just wondering who here will hit buffalo harbor when its time? i plan on going at least once since i will be devoting most of my time to bowhunting. i know to go slow w/ plows but thats about it. have never been there before but have read alot about it.

I was assumimg Buffalo harbor was in buffalo ( Lake Erie ) it must be somewhere else. I know you are a musky fisherman, because I read this forum regularly. I fish all species of fish including musky. I would'nt limit myself to only one or two types of fish. I love the sport too much. I did visit Waneta lake about 9 times this year fishing musky for the first time. I notice you also fish there quite regularly. Maybe well cross paths there some time soon.

George

your assumption would be correct georged.....the harbor is @ this end of lake erie just down from the mouth of the niagara river.There are bass and walleye to be had there as well but the musky does get rather large there.From what i hear it is`nt what it used to be but is getting better.I`m up for a trip!!!!!(i would`nt mind an eye or two-i keep reefrunners in the boat just for that special occasion-a 4lb smallie would be a nice treat as well).Good luck on waneta

cya

Bob S

:beer:

don't really limit myself to musky its just what i prefer. i ice fish for lakers ( love them ), the wary walleye and the goofy crappie. muskies are just the king for me. :yes: i'm still looking for my personal best. my guess is that my search for the personal best may never end.

I was drifting in the upper niagara a cpl weeks back between strawberry island and grand island. There must have been a muskie convention going on. In 6fow i counted 5 different muskies...only wish I had the right gear that day I can only imagine tryign to catch a larger muskie on 10lb test while fighting the 1.6mph current with my 48lb thrust electric. Man that would be epic for me!