" Help" 1985 bayliner trophy model fiberglass hardcap

fshnwmn

HEY GUYS I NEED HELP JUST BOUGHT A 1985 20 FT FIBERGLASS HARDCAP BAYLINER (TROPHY) IT HAS A 125HSP. I/O. I HAVE A PROBLEM IN N.Y. THEY DON'T REQUIRE U TO REGISTER THE WEIGHT IT HOLDS OR HOW MANY PASSENGERS.

I LIVE IN PA. AND THE BOAT IS STORED UPSTATE.N.Y.SO I CANNOT LOOK AT THE PLATE ON THE BOAT TO GIVE ME THIS INFO TO COMPLETE MY TRANSACTION IN PA. ANYBODY OUT THERE WITH THIS BOAT???OR ANY IDEAS?

THANK YOU

I've seen you posting about this on other forums as-well with limited success. It might pay to call a few dealers and ask for the information, if per say you do need the capacity and not just the over-all weight of the boat & engine as Splitshot said above, to register it in Pa.

Dear Boatowner,

Only boats under 20 ft. will have a capacity plate. Federal Law & BIA requires one. You should establish the exact model and contact Bayliner or a Bayliner dealer. If the boat is 19 ft xx inches, it will have a capacity plate. If more than 20 ft. as stated by the manufacturer, I do not believe you will find a capacity plate. I believe this boat is shy of 20 ft. BUT the only source accepted is the MANUFACTURER, Bayliner.

Good luck with your quest!

Sincerely,

Jet Boat Bill

* Federal law requires single-hull boats less than 20 feet in length to have a capacity plate. (However, PWC and sailboat manufacturers are not required to attach a capacity plate.) Always follow the recommended capacity found in the owner's manual and on the manufacturer's warning decal. Never exceed these capacity recommendations.

* On vessels with no capacity plate, use the following rule of thumb to calculate the number of persons (weighing 150 lbs. each, on average) the vessel can carry safely in good weather conditions.

Number of people =

vessel length (ft.) x vessel width (ft.)

For example, for a vessel 18 feet long by 6 feet wide, the number of persons is 18 times 6 (or 108) divided by 15, which equals seven 150-lb. persons (or a total person weight of 7 x 150, or 1050 lbs.).

* On outboard boats, the capacity plate also will display the recommended maximum horsepower rating of the boat. Your boat's motor should never exceed this rating.