Seneca brown run??

This run is hardly worth your time!!! There are browns that run Catherine and there are runs of LLSalmon but they are usually few and far between. While I am at it I might as well let all of the cats out of the bag at the same time and tell you that there are rainbows that run it in the fall as well. If you have actually fished the runs up north the same techniques work in the FL tribs too. Stones, glo bugs, hares ears, egg bags, worms, jigs, they all catch fish. As for "hot" spots on Catherine, come on, drive rt. 14 and start fishing. Please stay below the power station as the fish can not and will not go past there in the fall!!!

Catherine is nothing more that a trickle of what it use to be since the flooding in 95 (I think that is the summer it happened) and after the bulldozers from the DEC channelized it. There are hardly any holes left in there and the roppers all know where to go for their antics. This place is spiraling downward and fast. It used to be my favorite place in the world to fish since it is so close, but not worth my time anymore. Even though it is probably the most famous of all the finderlakes tribs bringing more attention to it like this will surely bring an end to its story!!! I am truley sad to see it go ;(

With out sounding like a d!ck, I am sorry I dont want to spoon feed info on these little gems on the internet!!! It is just like the bigger tribs off of the big lake they all get runs, but are TOTALLY rain deependant!!! With the exception of Keshong (I dont know if this one gets the runs, although I would suspect that it dose) all of the tribs mentioned get runs and every lake you mentioned gets runs. Your best bet is to wait for a high water event and give it a day or 2 then go check it out. Do your leg work as I and alot of others have done. I have spent many fishless days walking these tribs trying to learn all that I can.

The runs in the fall are small in comparrison to the spring but it can be outstanding on a very rare occasion. Fishing in the fall on these little trickles can be a very nice way to waste a day even if the fish are not biting. They mostly all run through a very picturesque region. Also it helps if you are into other hobbies like bird watching, that seems to help me pass the time while my bobber is not dropping!!!

I have to agree with the other fellow, it's almost a waste of time to fish catherine in the fall. If there is alot of rainfall you might do something. The problem is you need a ton of rain, you could easily jump across the stream right now. If there is rain you only have a couple of days at best to catch fish, the stream drops fast, and with it go the fish.