Oneida Eye 10-11-09 W/Pictures

Iceman

Well, we fished for eyes this Saturday & Sunday on Oneida, with not much luck. There was a local bass club having an outing both days, so we started the day waiting to launch for about 20 minutes, on Sunday about half of the bassers decided to stay on land, those guys are pretty quick launching! It was quite cold as well. We hooked three & landed 2 on Saturday (dropped one behind the boat STEVE!!!). Sunday, we were greeted by two foot waves as we rounded the island in front of the launch East of Bridgeport. The wind continued to build all morning till we had solid three footers with some fours & larger every now and then. Got one nice eye about 4 pounds & two jack perch before the waves got too big to be safe. The waves were very steep too! So we headed back across the lake from the Cleveland area to the South shore boat launch, made one pass from Cornell point to the East end of the deep basin (picked up the perch there). We picked up @ 11:30 so we could be home in time to watch the G-Men go for 5 & 0.

OneidaEye10-11-09008.jpg

OneidaEye10-11-09003.jpg

Iceman-2 years ago I was on Oneida on December30 (only moron on the water)-started out flat calm and only catching bass. The wind picked up from the west and a snow squall came in-I have video looking out the front windshield of my boat- you can get seasick watching it- it looks straight out of the "Deadliest Catch" !!! I ended up with only 1 eye that day- but I must have caught 20 of the silver bass. I could have used a shovel to clean the snow out the boat !!

Nice pic !

Walteye

• 2 weeks later...