we went out of hughes marina this morning shot out of the chute and set lines. this was the shake down for the redneck yacht. we went 10-13 plus a segull. I guess I now have a new weirdest thing. The little guy caught the most as usual, Ray did catch a nice 6lb Atlantic that was released. 5 fish and the seagull were released to swim and fly for another day. We did have another Atlantic on but he jumped off after a few arial shows. As you can tell the little guy was whooped, after some oreo's.

PICT0178.jpg

PICT0174.jpg

PICT0188.jpg

PICT0186.jpg

PICT0185.jpg

PICT0187.jpg

PICT0191.jpg

PICT0192.jpg

Stix, water was clear. We could see bottom to about 12 ft. We stayed in a 1/4 mile stretch making loops. If you head east out of the chute to the point, there is an old concrete building. From there to a garage that has green canvas, more like a carport. One other boat there, they fished the cove and to the marina. Not sure what they did but the stayed in about 6 fow.

Gambler, The dang thing never flew. He would bow his wings then dive down a couple feet. The funny thing about that was 5 minutes before he hit the Rapala, ray said "I wonder what it be like to reel in a seagull." Next thing you know the bird was on. He came up to the boat an ray grabbed it, after a few defensive moves by me to avoid getting bit, I got the hook out and the bird was released.

One thing I forgot to mention in my report was that all the fish we kept had a minimum of 5 Eyes in them. The fattest browm had foud hanging out of his mouth with the rapala. Only one fish had an Lamphry mark.

Was nice to finaly shake down the boat with the brand new motor!! Runs awsome. As PSII said it was a great day to be out and the smile on the little guys face was what made the trip. Oh yeah and the look on his face when the seagull came on the boat.....

The gull didn't fight as much as I had thought it would when it was on the line. But once on the boat it fought!! That or it didn't like Tim!!

Only down fall for this year is Tim's days off changed so now I am partnerless ;(

The PR is a bomber ...red with an orange belly...has black spots. It may come in regular finish, or I have some in the silver flake finish...... Great spring bait........The pink with yellow and blue spots is another oldie but goodie......Clown we call it.....