Chautauqua Lake Last week

Just wondering if anyone fished chautauqua last week? I went sunday morning for a few hours and nothing. I started in the south end where there was tons of bait fish but no fish. Later went to deeper water since the temp has dropped considerably this past week. Marked bait fish all over between long point and toms point along with a ton of fish but no takers. I only trolled that area for about an hour and a half and i had to get goin. I'd like to get out friday before archery starts.

Time on the water regardless of weather(last year it was rough,windy,rain and it even snowed a little brrrr).I`ll hit bell tower up to irwins for a bit then over to dewittville bay for a couple rounds all the while looking for bait-if none present i`ll run through areas that have produced fish in the past in these areas.May even run down nomans land(middle)to long pt.Gotta run toms` pt area as well.Then to the southend starting around the ferry to the south side of bridge.fish i`ve picked up here have`nt been huge but have saved the day more often than not when nowhere else has produced.....running drifter stalkers in glitter perch and black perch straight versions 25-30feet back @3-4mph.I`m still working on finding bigger fish in the fall but i`m getting closer :lol: I`ll be trolling 95% of the time!

Besides stalkers i`ll run mr.toothy`s deep and shallow(12ft on up)medium gotcha`s,ernies and have got some smity trollers i just bought for low and slow trolling.

Send me a pm,i`ll get a hold of ya when i`m out there.Nitro may be there as well(????) :beer:

cya

Bob

yup thats my plan too...probably thur-sat of halloween week...just gotta make sure I can sneak away- work is BUSY, but I have almost 2 weeks of vaca I have to squeeze in still. clearing with the boss (Not the wife :lol: ) when I see him tomorrow.

Tony, dont feel bad about this past week. I was going to come down for a day or two, but my "informants" told me turnover was in effect. fish were probably up real shallow and negative, so I bailed.

by the end of the month things should pick up again tho. that said, a lot can change in 2 weeks this time of year, so its tough to say what the strategy is. daily weather will play a large part too...sunny likely means very shallow casting EOD on the flats (warmer water). otherwise, i'm pretty much with Bob: trolling, and with BIG baits. most likely gonna find the bait and let the temps dictate my trolling speed. if big fish are marking deep around the holes or on deep breakline, some Fuzzy Duzzit and Dawg jigging's in order too.

Is anyone fishing this weekend, or is everyone playing the 'one string fiddle'??? :lol: I might need a seat.

motors back in the shop and hoping they finally get all the kinks worked out. we'll see once this latest $35x.xx part comes in whether theres still more to go :@ ... brings me up over a G so far... damn thing better sprout wings for that $$.

I'm not feelin bad. That just seems to be the way it goes sometimes. I wasted too much time on the southend around the crib where the were no fish! Fish all over between tom's and long point but i just didnt have the time that day. I only trolled it for about an hour or so.

I plan on going friday if i can get this apartment wrapped up and ready to rent by the end of the day tomorrow. I'll probably run Jtd Legends and Hi Fin Trophy Divers. I'll let you guy know if i do any good ( if i make it out).

or i may just troll for some eyes!