Color Fish Finders

Mark,

Some advice I heard from a charter captain who is a Lowrance field test rep. Wait 1 year before buying any Lowrance "NEW" product. It will give them a real chance to work all the bugs out.

We were looking at the LMS339C for around $700 and wound up spending the extra for a Furuno. Well worth the extra $$.

Just my $.02 or should I say $1K

Clarke

The May-June issue of Walleye Insider has a story on using a Lowrance X-111C color unit to read fish on the bottom at speeds of 20 MPH. I have to travel at less than 5 MPH to find fish on the bottom, this high speed machine should work great on open waters.

Mark,

I had an X-105C on my last boat and really liked it a lot. After the 105, Lowrance came out with the 107C, which just had a bigger screen than mine. Several guys I know have that one and like it too. I was told by the Lowrance rep at the Triple S show that the 515 is the replacement for the 107. Plenty of power, a great high-visibility screen, and the price is within your budget. The other option at that price point that I would definitely look at is the Furuno 620. Just a tad bit more than you wanted to spend, but definitely a great unit.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Another options is a Garmin. At 380 dollars this is a powerful unit. Im thinking of adding one on my boat so that the humminbird doesnt get lonely. I included the link so that you can check it out. It is a new product from them.

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates ... hasJS=true

I awalys been a big fan of Furuno .Never have even heard of anyone having a problem with them. I just ordered a 620 for a buddy of mine. He wanted a 667 but they dont make them anymore.We will be installing the 620 this weekend . Ill try to get a accurate report on how it works.

I awalys been a big fan of Furuno .Never have even heard of anyone having a problem with them. I just ordered a 620 for a buddy of mine. He wanted a 667 but they dont make them anymore.We will be installing the 620 this weekend . Ill try to get a accurate report on how it works.

Where did ya pick it up and what are they charging? I saw a link above for one but that was w/o a transducer

Mark, I just bought the new Lowrance 522c with internal GPS. Used it on five trips so far between Hemlock and Canandaguia. I like what I see thus far. Don't know if I will ever figure out all that it will do.

Chuck

Mark,

You can not go wrong with this unit. Top quality, digital and marine general has them for $549.00.

It only has a 5" display but the cone is the same size as any and that is really what matters.

I have a 4" DS400 (Because I am cheep, w/good vision, I got this one for $299) on the back of my boat and it does the job, great viewing in sunlight.

This unit does not have the res of the lowrance, but I can speak for it's quality.

CC

Erbyjoe;

Now that looks like a unit I will also check into. FURUNO FCV620 COLOR FISHFINDER 5.6 LCD DISPLAY. As for Garmin I have one now and I love it!! great unit, M# 240 Blue. I dont like the fact that Garmin screen size has shrunk down in size. If they were to offer a 5" or 5.5" screen I would buy one in a minute. I have never had a problem with it. Also I see cannon balls and fish on my screen.