t-falls bridge clearance

I launch there quite often and several times I've seen an older man with a beautiful Trophy launching there as well. I don't know if he is a member on here or not. His boat looked to be 19 or 20 feet.

Kyle

We took our 24' Wellcraft Walkaround out of there a couple times in September. (See photo). The first time there I asked a couple guys, (knowing what I know now, probably Splitshot and RustyRat), how it looked to them as I was a bit concerned. Of course, not their boat, so no problem, just keep your rods down. We get to the bridge and I thought my wife was going to jump ship :@ If we had a hard top we would have become a convertible. The second trip out it was choppy heading back in, and being a new skipper I must admit to fearing the boat's windows would be in trouble if we strayed too far from center. It'll be a long time before I try it in the dark, if the fish are South we'll launch Deans and do a long boat ride.

I know some Trophy's look tall in the center console, but how it compares to ours I do not know. One thing for sure, when you get to that bridge keep your head down. :o

Greg

Ts1_bEkA.jpg

We took our 24' Wellcraft Walkaround out of there a couple times in September. (See photo). The first time there I asked a couple guys, (knowing what I know now, probably Splitshot and RustyRat), how it looked to them as I was a bit concerned. Of course, not their boat, so no problem, just keep your rods down. We get to the bridge and I thought my wife was going to jump ship :@ If we had a hard top we would have become a convertible. The second trip out it was choppy heading back in, and being a new skipper I must admit to fearing the boat's windows would be in trouble if we strayed too far from center. It'll be a long time before I try it in the dark, if the fish are South we'll launch Deans and do a long boat ride.

I know some Trophy's look tall in the center console, but how it compares to ours I do not know. One thing for sure, when you get to that bridge keep your head down. :o

Greg

Ts1_bEkA.jpg

LMAOOOO!!! Sorry Greg..I couldn't help it after reading your post. It's my sick sense of humor.

Mikey,

It's all good...if I can't take it, I won't dish it out. Or expose my waterborne inadequacies. ;)

One thing to remember about me. I grew up near the Connecticut coast by Long Island, so minimal fear on the pond. My wife is an upstate landlubber getting her first experience with water action. 2 years ago in August we tried a charter trip out of Montauk. Beautiful summer afternoon. water was like glass. My wife and 2 of 3 kids are chumming over the side within an hour. :( Not having been out in years, I really do not want to quit, but we cut the half day charter in half again at risk of me living alone. Cut to last year, we do a charter off Martha's Vineyard and the family is geared up with every seasickness item available. There was a 1-2 foot surf and I'm saying my prayers to the fishing Gods. Luck would have it, no green family and we slammed into some 20 lb plus fish. If that didn't work out, I probably still would be dreaming about someday getting the boat we now own.

So with that background, you know where I'm coming from. My wife and kids love me alot to put up with and even encourage my fishing habit, so I really have to give them some love back, and that does NOT include jamming a 7 foot tall boat through a 7 foot 1 inch opening.

Greg

L'troller,we launch from the Park all season long.Our boat is a 215 Crestliner Eagle.We have always been able to go under the bridge but never with the top up.There is a Trophy slipped there for the season too.It looks to be a 22'.I would think with the lake being drawn down that we should be able to go out with our top up.Hope this helps........Zeke & Cyn(Strike 3)

Mikey,

It's all good...if I can't take it, I won't dish it out. Or expose my waterborne inadequacies. ;)

One thing to remember about me. I grew up near the Connecticut coast by Long Island, so minimal fear on the pond. My wife is an upstate landlubber getting her first experience with water action. 2 years ago in August we tried a charter trip out of Montauk. Beautiful summer afternoon. water was like glass. My wife and 2 of 3 kids are chumming over the side within an hour. :( Not having been out in years, I really do not want to quit, but we cut the half day charter in half again at risk of me living alone. Cut to last year, we do a charter off Martha's Vineyard and the family is geared up with every seasickness item available. There was a 1-2 foot surf and I'm saying my prayers to the fishing Gods. Luck would have it, no green family and we slammed into some 20 lb plus fish. If that didn't work out, I probably still would be dreaming about someday getting the boat we now own.

So with that background, you know where I'm coming from. My wife and kids love me alot to put up with and even encourage my fishing habit, so I really have to give them some love back, and that does NOT include jamming a 7 foot tall boat through a 7 foot 1 inch opening.

Greg

HA LiL TROLLER

THE UNDERSIDE OF THE BRIDGE IS AT 390"& 5"ABOVE SEA LEAVEL. TODAY THAT WAS 80". AS ALWAYS, GIVE INCOMING BOATS THE RIGHT OF WAY. AFTER YOU COME IN A TIME OR TWO IN ROUGH WATER YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHY INCOMING HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY. AND AS OTHERS HAVE DISCOVERED AND TOLD. DONT FORGET TO TAKE DOWN ALL RODS, NETS, AND STEARN LIGHTS. BUT IF YOU DO, LOOK ME UP I HAVE A GOOD COLECTION OF LIGHTS THAT I'VE FISHED OUT FROM UNDER THE BRIDGE.

HAVE FUN, AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU SEE THE BIG ONE THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER.

I have a 20 lobsterstyle boat 20' The wheel house has standing headroom. No rod holders on the roof. from my deck the wheelhouse is 6 1/2 feet. Everyone told me no problem you will fit right under. We fit under but guy guys had to push up on the bridge to get under over the summer. Rookie mistake