Late Season Ontario Boat Fishing

Im new to the area and just wondering about the late season boat fishing on Ontario. Quite often I launch in Henderson Harbor or Chaumont Bay (3 Mile), just wondering what else you guys are finding out there other than Salmon. I always get my catch of Salmon in smaller tributaries where its not shoulder to shoulder.

Since no one responded, I'll try.

I'm at the other end of the lake, Niagara river.

The Niagara Bar seems to hold fish all year.

But there should be some trout outside the tributaries where you are.

If that were me I would try long lining stick baits off boards.

Good luck, Kliph

choice one - catch dying, breeding size fish in tribs

choice two - go with bottomfeeders advice and catch lakers

choice three- for best eating, go with kliphs advice, small spoons or stickbaits 50 to 75 ft behind boards, boards out 50 to 150 ft towards shore, boat depth 20 ft or less

catch salmon, browns and rainbows

If you are fishing inside the HH and CB you probably wont catch many salmanoids trolling.. you will catch pleanty of pike, pickeral and bass.... but if it were me and i was fishing the golden crecent area this time of year (and I am). I would be filling buckets with yellow gold (perch).

• 3 weeks later...

I always had some luck in front of the Grindstone Creek near Selkirk Shores State Park. Steelhead mostly. Run between the salmon River and Grindstone. Dont disturb the guys on the pier, they can get nasty. Has always been my best bet for late season and is not too far from you