Lew56

Lew

Name: Lew

Home Port:Guffins Bay

Boat Name/Type Bayliner

I fish for: Salmon, Lake Trout, Steelhead, Walleye, Bass

================

Hello LOU crew, I found this site by doing some searching for info. on Lake Ontario fishing. WOW Great Site And Information I will be picking up a Bayliner fixer upper here next week and looking to set it up for family fishing next season. I have been on a few charters on the lake in the past so I'm somewhat familiar with the equipment used. I have a fish finder and vhf radio but no down riggers, poles, gps. planer mast or boards and no lures etc. (looking to buy used) It took awhile to talk the wife into the boat now I need to justify the equipment, I see lots of tips on fishing, boating and equipment on LOU, but none on the wife has the check book situation! Any Tips? Anyway GREAT SITE!! I will visit it often!

Lew

I see lots of tips on fishing, boating and equipment on LOU, but none on the wife has the check book situation! Any Tips? Anyway GREAT SITE!! I will visit it often!

Lew

Welcome to the site Lew. Lots of info here to help ya out. If ya get stuck on anything, don't hesitate to ask. Looking forward to reports & pics.

Just go ahead and put everything you need on the credit card and tell wifey your personal information was stolen. :D

"Honest honey, all this stuff came with the boat" :lol:

or broads

You really don't need more of these if one already has control of the checkbook. :lol:

As I've said before, just buy her a 99 cent candy bar. Tax takes it over a buck. Pay with $2. Save the change in a jar down in the shop. Repeat 100 times & you got enough for a good rod & reel. ;)

Look through the tackle section, Musky made a good mast & there's plans in there someplace for bOARds.

Welcome to the board,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Your correct LongLine sir, I don't need more then one of them, Not sure what I was thinking!! :( Ones enough for sure!! She don't eat candy bars so that one won't work, but I can improvise , when I go to the store for her. Rich that would never work she's to smart for that, and she has already wrote down your name! But Mr Muskybob has a good idea, use the plastic, but that's hard to do buying used equipment! Of course I could just drop into Gander in H2O town and go on a spending spree and just hand her the slips afterward and take it like a man, :sweating: Yeah Right then my sons would have a name for the boat DadsGoneMissing

Anywho thanks for the tips Bros kept them coming!

Lew

Lew - Just like fishing, you may have to vary your techniques before you become highly sucessful.

One question....Does the heater in the boat work? If not, make that a priority, cuz you may be spending some nights in it. :(;)

After you're sure that the heater works...

Try to work the family into the explanation for the new gear. Something like: "but it'll help the kids catch some fish..."

or "But you know how the kids love the outdoors & how happy it makes them when they catch a fish..."

Whenever you feel pressured with the age old question: "How much was that?" , try not to say how much but rather stress how much you saved (in percent) & then immediately compliment her hairstyle, how good she looks today, that she must have just lost a few pounds or what a great meal she just made.

Again, just like fishing, timing is important. Don't tell her what you bought until after supper, then when she makes you wash the dishes & take out the garbage, she'll feel like you've received some punishment already. (& you won't have to cook your own.)

One more tip, wives love savings. Fall & winter is prime time to buy spring trolling gear. Great closeouts are available if you look around. Just remember most are "no returns." (heh, heh, heh.....she can't make you take it back...heh, heh, heh....)

Good luck...

Tom B.

(LongLine)

ps. don't call me sir.

pps. My quarter jar is nearly full, I think I hear JayVee's calling me.....

:D:D;)

Some sound advice, But Look What I Saved Dear thing I have never used, I'll give it a try! LOL

We got the boat home and it real needs a lot of work, block is cracked,very dirty, in need of other new parts and it needs some TLC for sure. But my sons and I have visions of what it will be not what it is!!! So I'm looking for a Chevy 305ci bare block not over size but stock bore.

Lew