the best time???????

tapping your wealth of experience,what time frame - april thru sept. would you say produces the most consistent salmon/steelhead fishing out of oak orchard.

im trying to get a good friends son into lake fish, so far 2 trips- 1 nice steelhead,for a

12 year old kid he is very patient,one good weekend outing would hook him for life!!!!!

thank you all for your input.

No doubt it's August! The first few weekends have been VERY good the last few years, but any weekend in August you should be able to stop at the inside water for an hour or two and if that's dead head off shore 8+ miles and whack and stack the Salmon and Steel.

The past three years have seen tremendous fishing from July 15th through August 15th. I run trips almost every day then and that month has definitely been the best and the most consistent. This year the last week of July through the first week of August was "stupid" fishing---we actually had to pull rods out of the water to keep from limiting clients out too early. You couldn't "drive out" of the fish! Now that I said that....next year will be different! :o

The last two weeks of May can be really good as well as the July August dates. A lot depends on how many Coho are around but the advantage of late May fishing is it is often close to shore in 40-80 feet of water. Better King fishing in July and August but don't over look Memorial day weekend. I have caught lots of fish in mid to late May.

Do you have a Seapro?