conesus,10/21

Were you in the red and white crestliner? My father talked to a group of 3 guys before I arrived at the launch. Slow day of us. 8 hours of casting and 1 follow and one hit. Trired smallies and they were not cooperating. Marked lots of bait all over the lake.

My friend Vince from Vince's Spinner Shop in Stanford,NY has been trying to get the Tiger program down there on Conesus,but so far he has many hours on the water and no Tigers. He has tried deep trolling,shallow trolling and casting but nothing so far.They have marked lots of bait fish and many bigger hooks mixed in,but can't trigger a strike.

I myself can not go on the water now because of surgery a few days back,so I can't help him.If anyone that fishes Tigers there would like to help me out by going with Vince on his 21' Boston Whaler for a day and give him a little insight of what the program is there give me an email at [email protected]

The person that takes Vince on his boat will get a day on the water at Chautauqua Lake with me next year!

Capt. Larry D. Jones

Repeatability Is 90% Of The Hunt!

www.mostlymuskies.com

Very generous of you Larry :clap:

I'd be happy to join him for no reward (fishing is a reward in itself) and show him some of the key areas that *should* be good. But I cant say I've figured the tigers out :$ , and have yet to run across anyone (in person or online) who has successfully targeted them-particularly trolling. Pike is a different story, but for whatever reason it seems to be just right place, right time for a tiger hit on Conesus (maybe a combination of low maturation rates- walleye eating juvies?- and large forage base) ???.

I hope someone can prove me wrong and share some good insight :inlove:

NitroMusky,That is very kind of you to offer to take Vince out on his boat on Conesus for Tigers.I will email Vince and pass it by him and email you his phone number soon. Wait till you see all the Custom Lures in Vince's home shop and his Stud Dawg Spinner,Glitter **** Spinner and Glitter Puppy Spinner. By the way Vince likes to eat a first class meal after fishing,get ready for good eats as well!

Thanks,Capt. Larry

I sure know nothing about the tigers there. I get a lot of nice pike trying,though. The tigers I have caught have all been small,30" and under. I had a bigger one follow once,maaaaybe 40",but they all look bigger in the water. I can't say about trolling as I never do. For what it's worth I have caught 2 on the same bait,a brown haired ghostail with a gold blade. My boat is a white champion.

Same story here... Lots of trying for tigers but not many to show for. Got a few smaller ones. Got some beauty Pike trying though and some good follows as well. Im not sure there are any lakes in NY where you can be assured of a tiger. DEC stats show 95% of lakes stocked with tigers dont produce squat. DEC considers Conesus one of their best tiger lakes in the state but I personally dont see it.

i have tried otisco a few times and been totaly blanked. i go to lake durant every year cause wife loves the adks. i have fished every inch of that one several times and nada. cannadarago is worth a try, i caught a decent one there a few years ago. plus there are enough pickeral to keep you awake. cross lake is good except the launch is only for residents. you have to put in the canal and go 7 miles at no wake speed.

I enjoy fishing cross/seneca river...lots of different types of water/structure all close by: lake, river, and rocky bottom in the state ditch. I have yet toget a tiger there as well in the few times I've fished it...heard they pretty much all 'escape' into the river...

Old man: that would be a long ride at no wake speeds...maybe this will make you consider going there more often:

http://www.nyscanals.gov/maps/map4.html

speed limit through there is actually 30 except in the state ditch portion. I put in at jacks reef and except for the the 1st 1/2 mile where its a bit shallow, its a quick cruise to the lake...if I don't stop and fish along the way. :) don't have to go through the state ditch.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png