Anyone hunting toothies this weekend?

well I wish my report was filled with the same excitement that eminated from Chad's, but not to be... hit conesus on thur with Vince from Vince's spinner shop. had a great time- he is first class and his spinners are the same :yes:

We casted and trolled. marked some bait around the points, and had a rip but alas no fish. rather bizarre day. I have never seen the water there flat as a pancake all day long. looked as pristine at 4 pm as it did at 8 am...never even a ripple on the water. could have used that elusive chop to get thigs going a bit.

careful what you wish for, they say...and they are right. from there I trucked down to chaut for 2 days of fishing :clap: and what I found on Friday AM was the polar opposite of thursday: massive wind blowing right up the lake :( . knew I was in for a rough day...made a few passes at casting prendergast but the winds made boat control and good fishing technique next to impossible to do at the same time...so as much as I wanted to stay and fish the weeds I went trolling for a while. marked fish at bemus pt hole but the 3 ft waves building from the S basin tossed me around pretty good so that was out after a couple passes. made my way to pt chaut and into the mayville slot...which wasn't bad - until I tried to head back south and into, instead of with the waves. More 3 and even 4 footers :@: regularly found their way over the bow or threw it high in the air. about then I began wising for a deeper draft and higher gunwhales :lol: no time to clear the weeds- had to really steer every second. after I got out of the heavy stuff I ran the bilge pump for 5 minutes to clear the gallons that had accumulated. Zack - I did wear my pfd for obvious reasons ;)

casted (poorly) again around p'gast and called it a day around sundown. went back to the hotel to recuperate from the jarring day and saw the forecast for saturday :( :( gale force winds again out of the SW so I packed my bags and cut my losses.

sounds like things turned around a bit on Sunday for Sol...but will await his full report :clap:

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

it sounds like it didn't work out as planned- alittle more survival than fishing it seems. this weekend ended up being good for me as i took a great deer that is in the hunting section on this website under i got lucky. its unfournate about the weather for you- but you made it home and ther is always next time. hopefully i will see you before the end of the season!

Yeah Zach, survival it was! :rofl: felt like combat boating: me against nature...and from the pain still this AM in my lower back I think I know who won.

Nice job on the deer :yes: blessing in disguise for you. Was that the pic you sent me Sat? Phone's seen better days - they don't come through anymore :@ I didn't get the one with Bobs fish sunday either...oops did I say that :lol::D

Im going to try to get back out this weekend if the wife will allow it given that I was just down there and now gone to UK through Friday. Probably waneta sunday if I can go. I think they only lower the water every other year and that was last year so the channel should still be ok.

Unless a bunch of folks are already planning to scatter and head to the harbor or chautauqua, We should all think about planning a LOU get together/outing to close out the year. Last day of the season is a Monday so we could do it Sunday the 30th or the day before. Chaut is a bit far for a day trip but waneta or the harbor could be options...

Nice report Chad. Got me excited too.

Congrats on that nice buck Zach.

Sorry about your luck Nitro that Lake can be BRUTAL!

I vote for the Harbor LOU outing. I beleve the chances for a big fish are much better there even though I have zero experience there. Have to start somewhere I guess. There is a NMA tourney there on the 15th maybe we could incorperate with that. We would have to join the NMA though and its like $25 for balance of the year plus tourney fee. But lot of good musky guys and good chance for a HAWG. :inlove:

I`m in nitro-good idea.Name the place.I was up to the harbor last friday,too rough on sat(stayed at launch just up from isl view on river rd fri nite) so went to chautauqua.I`ll post a detailed report tomorrow with a pic(small but a fish!)Harbor was 52deg.Trolled all over the north gap/buff river out into the lake(via channel) and up black rock to chief petty officers club....nadda.More tomorrow!!

cya

Bob

Hey guys, I'm back from my week in London. exhaused but fully sudsed :yes::beer: Ready to get back on the hunt now :clap: . droppin our daughter off at grandma's early and takin the ole lady to Waneta tomorrow...uuuhh... later today :P ! she still cant work the rod/reel too well on account of the recent shoulder surgery so mostly trolling, maybe some jigging..we'll assess the lake when we get there.

Sol- sounds like some good action this past week on Chaut. poor bulldawg. ;( Consider it the sacrificial lamb for all the fish ya boated this year! :P:clap:

as for the end of season outing, lets plan on the harbor Sunday the 29th, for a bigggun. :yes::clap: hopefully the wind cooperates. :devil:

update: gave waneta the college try sunday (all trolling) but as Larry pointed out on his site: high pressure flat water shut the fish down or so I told myself :lol: ...marked a couple good hooks in the deep hole off the point on the E side and one 15 down over 20 near the 2 shore. tried it alll: fast slow, deep, shortlined, shallow off boards, big baits, little baits...zippo... but nice day to be on the water. saw a few others casting and trolling, riggers and boards. nothing boated that I saw.