1st walleye trip to the North this year, pics/video

Landshark

Yanked the boat to canada where it will sit until december. fished 3 days, 2 of the days with my good buddy pete and the last alone. 14 walleye, 4 over 10 lbs one almost 12 the other 12 and change. rough conditions because you all know the wind we had the last few days. Here is a taste and a lil video

there is more video to come and pics as well .

DSC03315-1.jpg

DSC03329.jpg

DSC03327.jpg

DSC03323.jpg

DSC03326.jpg

DSC03320.jpg

Nice walleyes, we are going to try them for 1st time through ice this year.

good job.

id suggest hiring a guide, this guy we hired once put us on fish thats all he does and he is cheap

I'll look into it , we used him 15 years ago and never heard from him again, then i was in quinte last fall and ran into him in a bait shop. i know his name is randy i will research it for ya, well worth it trust me

Nice pics. It looks like it's time to head to Picton. Walleye magic-We used a guide about 10 years ago and I still see him on Quinte all the time. If your interested his name is Rick Summerville and he operates out of Skevy's bait in Belleville.( 613-969-1035) It was a lot of years ago but he did right by us and flattened out the learning curve for catching fish up there. Good luck

You might not want to yell that too loud im not so sure that is legal. Yes Todd is awesome, he is the most famous walleye angler in NY. He is friends with another pro named sheldon hatch who is from the quinte area. There are alot of options out there is $ isnt an object.

I have fished with Sheldon and have no reservations giving him the recommendation. He is first class all the way. Here is a link to his web page. http://www.ezelo.com/.

Fishing a day with him certainly shortens the BOQ learning curve. I even have proof. We fished with a crippled boat Friday and Saturday and managed to boat 9 eyes and lost 4. We had to cut trip short because of my pos boat, but the big girls are there. Good fishing.

Thanks Landshark for the vid and great report.

Bob

Yep Cleveland Ohio....I mentioned it before...if any of you guys want to make a trip down here for some sick Erie action I'll put you guys on fish and tell you where and how. Erie is next best to Quinte. Once Huron/Vermilion waters clean up from a recent blow fishing is going to be stupid easy, our night bite is just starting to go, guys are pulling up to 15 fish is around the best I've heard in a 5-6 hour trip.

Landshark,In November once the water temp on Lake Erie gets below 50 degrees the Buffalo Harbor will be stacked with Big Walleye's feeding on Gizzard Shad. We catch 30" to 33"ers trolling 14" Legend Plow's for Hawg Muskies.

No one is fishing for walleyes that are stacked in the bait fish school's.The Erie County Small Boat Harbor Launch will be open till the end of November,you have to enter thru the exit gate,one pier will be in the water.

Capt. Larry D. Jones

Repeatability Is 90% Of The Hunt!

www.mostlymuskies.com

This is pretty much what happens here in Cleveland as the schools migrate back from the east (shorelines are structure and feature-less) they run into cleveland which has a power plant with warm water discharge, 8 miles of breakwalls with bends and points, the Cuyahoga River which is the Port of Cleveland, all sorts of current and structure rip through all these areas and they all stop here and eat the shad, smelt and emeralds. The shad and emeralds get so think you can almost walk on them. Another thing that is unique about the fishing is that we're actually fishing 6 inches to 5 ft down over 20-40 FOW. They are higher riders cruising for easy meals I've seen eye balls with my light shining over the side of the boat....it's awesome