Spinner fishing for winter Steelies and Browns in the Tribs

idn713

Hey I was just wondering if any of you had any good tips and tricks for fishing spoons and spinners in the tribs during winter for lake run steelies and browns. I am doing pretty well on the trout by dead drifting jigs and eggs but I just want something a little more exciting. I fish primarily at Oak Oarchard and my buddies have told me that you can do well on the winter trout with spinners and spoons but I just need to know specifics. For instance I plan on using size 3-4 blue fox spinners and 2/5 ounce cleos. Should I use a snap swivel to attach them to my line? Should I use a flurocarbon leader or will high quality 8-10 lb mono be fine? How should I present the lure? Is the sizing of the lure ok? If you could give me some insight on these questions and any other tips you can think of it would be much appreciated. Oh and as a side note I am well aware that you cannot use treble hooks on all the lures I just mentioned, rest assured all the trebles on my lures have been replaced with single siwash hooks.