Bowhunt.

W.W.IV.

Well I took a little time off from trying to get some decent perch and packed up last Sunday to do some bow hunting.So myself and two friends packed the camper with everything we owned and headed out on our annual hunting trip to Hector. If you don't know where it is its all right, there's no parking left, and the ones that do, know what I mean. We set up camp Sunday afternoon and went out and set up stands for morning in my little honey hole, Got my climber half way up and here comes a doe and fawn so I hung there a waited for then to pass and finished putting the stand up.Monday morning I was up the tree at dawn, about 7:45 I spotted a buck coming in my direction, the last minute he turned away from me,I was waving good by to him when the light came on and I pulled out the grunt call and gave him a couple quick grunts, he turned and came in. He was a fair 8pt. The C.O.aged him 2.5yrs. We hunted the rest of the week,but the heat and rain and swirling wind and fog didn't make for good hunting so we packed up this afternoon and headed home. We had a great time,ate a lot of good food and got home safely. That's what I call a good week. I am going to try and add pic.

1kV8ki.jpg

1kVkO0.jpg

1FJjWS.jpg

1kVCg0.jpg

Nice buck. I have hunted in hnf before, but I acessed it from private land. Beautiful area, and while driving through it one winter I saw a mt lion cross the road in front of me, so stupid guy I am I got out of my car in the middle of the night armed with a bic lighter and found the track. 20 yards into the woods I found a perfect track that confirmed what I'de seen, then it hit me, get in the car stupid. Any way congrats on the buck, and enjoy the meat :yes:

Way to go old fart er i mean timer.Im still looking for seagulls and have recoverd a few flys sench we fished "thanks"..have fun pearching and keep sharing your welth of fishing knowlage(like where the pearch are) ant nuttin cooler than grunting in a buck and having it pull togeather.

Thanks guys,Perch you don't have to worry about the big cats up here, theres so many deer they sit at the deer crossing signs and eat road kill. Your right about that grunt tub Ray, I like the fawn bleat also, they can be the difference between a good time and a great time.Good luck on your trip. Hey Hank I'll give you a call when the water is hard, Mike. :beer::beer: drink up guys.