got lucky this time

zach

was supposed to go musky fishing but with certain problems that came up i ended up going out hunting instead. best deer that i have seen so far this year and ended up shooting him at 3:45 pm after getting in the stand @ 3pm. seemed early to me but they have started to move lately. got in the stand, got settled, rattled & grunted- a minute later this one came in with a six- pointer in the lead and i shot him @ just over 20 yards. second best NY deer for me with the bow. its funny how sometimes it all comes together and other times it seems like it all falls apart. for me it mostly falls apart. i have seen alot of rut activity in the last week in the # of rubs and scrape activity. i was pretty happy with him and am happy to add him to my collection on the wall! best blood trail i have ever seen, could see it 20 feet ahead of me- the kind that you can walk fast and follow! most of all i am happy with the deer and that i called him right in and made a good shot. so far this year 34 hours on stand! i shot this deer from good friend of mines stand who passed in late april of this year to make it even more memorable. i am 100% sure that if he was still with us it would be him in the pic and not me. i bet he is proud of me looking down. thanks for reading and good luck to everyone that will go out.

1pVdd9.jpg

Henrietta has been good to me again. 9 pointer on the ground!

Very nice! I'm in Rush, but I've been driving over to Albion to hunt some land we lease...looks like I should stay closer to home!

Actually, of the three guys I hunt and fish with alot, all three took shots at big deer yesterday (the 1st). I, on the other hand, was happy to be in the woods :D

The tally is two eight-points at the processor and one big ten hopefully waiting to be found this morning (didn't want to push him last night). It's on!

Maybe tonight's my nite.

Gator

the rut is on boys! call in sick. yesterday i had a 6 point running around the back field behind my house @ 12:30. my backyard is west henrietta road. i consider suburban bucks to be the most noctural of all deer and if they are running around @ noon, the rut has begun!

thanks for all the great comments on this deer. even though its not the biggest one, i believe it maybe the most special, taking over from the 186" 12pt from illinois. its about the history of that stand and the person who showed it to me. miss you chris masaro. you died well before your time, 31 short years. miss you bud. this was your deer!