My First

bout time

After taking deer with a gun the last couple years I decided to give bowhunting a try. I saw a small button buck and only one doe earlier in the year but nothing worth taking. I found a scrape and a rub in the hardwoods away from my stand. I moved my stand to that area and 2 days later I rattled this deer in. a He was a good sized 6 point. He came in at 25 yards but never presented me a shot. He almost walked off before I was able to get a shot on him. I was able to recover him 1.5 hours later in a cornfield. He is not the biggest deer but being my first with a bow he is a trophy to me.

1CPzfS.jpg

its way bigger than my first with a bow- 14 years old when i took a button buck. it was the first shot that i had and i took it. last button i have taken also. congrats on recovering the deer. if you shoot enough of them sometimes the outcome isn't as good as yours. great job. DEER ON THE GROUND!!!!!!! yeah boy!!

You got the first one under your belt and its a nice one. I'm thinking your a new archer, if you are, perfect your shooting so you can place a arrow through a hole in the brush into the kill zone without a second thought and your deer will be down and dead in less than 100yds.. Its a great felling. Keep up the good work. I've been at it for 58yrs.

Very nice. You get just as much thrill with a six point or even a spike horn when that deer is close enough to arrow, as a ten point. I know I have a whole lot of three point skulls in the shed, and they all hold a memory for me. I don't know why the three points always seem to be the ones that come around, but today I grunted up one that was a real comic, so I let him walk, even though he offered me a shot at least six times. He came in like a monster fighter and wrecked up some brush and scraped and peed all over the place tryin to claim his territory. Even after he left the area of my stand I was able to bring him back with a few more grunts, six times. It was comical to watch him study the woods for that rival buck, and strut around at different angles to my position trying to locate that grunting buck :lol: I'm waiting for his ten point rival, the real one, to come in that boldly now. I know he is there, so I will wait this time.

Mark

Curious three point buck today...."Where is that grunter, I'll show him a thing or two" :lol:

y4IIr.jpg

Little doe fawn and mommy came to smell his trail of testosterone anointment.

p1J9.jpg