Great 8 Point Hunt

Reel Doc

1EFM79.jpg

Just a great hunt yesterday afternoon. On stand by 2, not much happening other than some small does and a spike, then about 3:30 a good sized doe hops by waving her flag. She settles in some tall brush at the edge of a soybean field about 75 yards off. I wait for a buck to follow, nothing. Hit the Primos can and 20 minutes of nothing. Finally, from the total opposite direction, this buck meanders down through the beans another 50 yards beyond the doe. When he's in line with my stand and the doe I hit the can and he turns and moves to the brush and finds the doe. She teases, but not ready to stand so as he seems sick of her I hit the can again and he drops her like yesterdays news and heads right in. Gives a perfect broadside shot at 20 yards, a staight through chest shot and he was down within site of the stand and done in less than 5 minutes. I must admit, I've never had a call work that well, but that doe being a day away from standing heat gets a big assist on this one.

Greg

We have not had any good shots presented yet, but had a 4 pt respond well to the bleat can Sunday evening.

A week ago, there were 5 different bucks in the same clover field.

Just a matter of time now.

Good going on that deer!!!!

Bowhunting is the best!!! :yes:

Scott

congrats- putting it on the wall? i have shot deer off the can before but i think that any can style doe bleat isn't loud enough most of the time. lohman doe bleat for me nowdays. nice job again.

Just the horns and a photo. My buddies in college got me into hunting, so I started later than most, but in the 15 years that we have lived on our current property I've been fortunate to get a couple wallhangers, one by bow, one by shotgun. For me though, the bowhunts are truly special since the trophy is always a great hunting memory with a really challenging method of hunt. I admit to getting that rush whenever a deer comes by the stand, regardless of whether it is a deer to harvest or one to watch walk on by. It's a priceless feeling that is the reason I go in the woods in the first place.

Greg